News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants can move to #2 overall....

Started by zephirus, December 31, 2023, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 01, 2024, 09:52:39 AMI could see the Bears, if they want to keep Fields trading back to 3 and taking Harrison.  Not sure how much they would get in such a deal.
It would be a big mistake if the Bears used that pick for a QB. They are an up and coming team. They could trade it and stockpile picks to really build a foundation around Fields.

spiderblue43

Dave,

Agree. Think the 3rd pick scenario could very well happen. Bears might draft Harrison..Coms Williams..then the G-men?  :ok:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on January 01, 2024, 10:01:08 AMIf it ends up being 3 QBs + MHJR it seems we need to be concerned not only with moving up but getting jumped by another team who trades up.  Also I can't imagine the giants will be indifferent as to all three QBs. They may love 1 but be much less so on two others

Totally agree. Who knows what the Giants think of these QBs and what they'll think after all the combine stuff and the interviews. No doubt they have some baseline views already. I agree that it's unlikely they'd be happy to draft all three and are indifferent as to which.

That said, I think they also realize that they're unlikely to have a better chance at a top QB prospect in the next 1-2 years than what they have right now. And it's pretty obvious that the QB situation on the team is not good at all. So I think they'll be pretty motivated to take one of these guys if they like them, and if that means a trade-up, then I'll be surprised if Schoen is not at least open to discussing that.

spiderblue43

Or as mentioned, Bears could trade the pick again to a team like the Raiders..Falcons..etc.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 01, 2024, 10:03:56 AMDave,

Agree. Think the 3rd pick scenario could very well happen. Bears might draft Harrison..Coms Williams..then the G-men?  :ok:

Being able to pick between two of these three QBs without a trade-up would be a dream scenario.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 01, 2024, 10:06:12 AMOr as mentioned, Bears could trade the pick again to a team like the Raiders..Falcons..etc.

They could, but even if the Bears don't want a QB, it's not a 100% given they trade down. They may have fallen in love with Harrison. If they trade down, unless it's one or two spots, they can forget about Harrison. They may not want to do that.

Keep in mind they have the other first round pick, which can be used on another high quality position player like an OT or Dallas Turner (or a trade-down).

katkavage

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 01, 2024, 10:06:12 AMOr as mentioned, Bears could trade the pick again to a team like the Raiders..Falcons..etc.

They could but I would think the Giants would know about that potential and offer their higher pick.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 01, 2024, 10:05:00 AMTotally agree. Who knows what the Giants think of these QBs and what they'll think after all the combine stuff and the interviews. No doubt they have some baseline views already. I agree that it's unlikely they'd be happy to draft all three and are indifferent as to which.

That said, I think they also realize that they're unlikely to have a better chance at a top QB prospect in the next 1-2 years than what they have right now. And it's pretty obvious that the QB situation on the team is not good at all. So I think they'll be pretty motivated to take one of these guys if they like them, and if that means a trade-up, then I'll be surprised if Schoen is not at least open to discussing that.

I agree completely with that.  Even if they are only 75% sure they want a QB, it makes total sense at say in the +/- pick 5 area to make a move up to grab one as easier and potentially less draft capital than say waiting a year and moving up to 2 from say 10. 

spiderblue43

Will the Iggles be the monkey wrench and tank? Done it before..older team that may concede the division...rest  Screw the Giants Could see it  Daboll will go all out.

:doh:

katkavage

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 01, 2024, 12:43:10 PMWill the Iggles be the monkey wrench and tank? Done it before..older team that may concede the division...rest  Screw the Giants Could see it  Daboll will go all out.

:doh:
Nope. Both games at 4:25. Longshot Dallas losing but if they do and Eagles win, Eagles win division.

spiderblue43

Kat..

Dallas game could be over at halftime. Coms can't stop anybody. Tank alert would be in effect.

katkavage

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 01, 2024, 12:59:33 PMKat..

Dallas game could be over at halftime. Coms can't stop anybody. Tank alert would be in effect.
Could be, but so could the Giants game.

spiderblue43

Kat..

One thing..Siriani is getting bashed (Predictably) in Philly..calling the team dead and wanting the coach fired. So..it may be a must win for him.

uconnjack8

katkavage

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 01, 2024, 01:05:38 PMKat..

One thing..Siriani js getting bashed (Predictably) in Philly..calling the team dead and wanting the coach fired. So..it may be a must win for him.
Huge game for Philly. There will be no tanking