News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants can move to #2 overall....

Started by zephirus, December 31, 2023, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 01, 2024, 08:27:59 AMIf the teams ahead win and the Giants lose to Philly wouldn't the Giants SOS increase and theirs decrease?
Washington is playing D*ll*s, Patriots are playing Jets.  Giants played those teams so it is a wash.  For Giants and Washington, aside from head to head, 12 of their 15 games are the same.  Giants played Raiders, Packers, Saints.  So, you want all 3 of them to lose this weekend to weaken their SOS.  Washington played Denver, Atlanta, Chicago.  Want them to win to increase the Wash's SOS.

coggs

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 02, 2024, 05:39:59 PMhttps://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1742312735541518386
You will have to excuse me for taking this with a grain of salt.  These guys lie, a lot.  Not saying he is not being honest this time, but I certainly do not think it is a given that the Cards will not take a QB.

uconnjack8

Quote from: coggs on January 03, 2024, 03:13:49 PMYou will have to excuse me for taking this with a grain of salt.  These guys lie, a lot.  Not saying he is not being honest this time, but I certainly do not think it is a given that the Cards will not take a QB.

Professionally,  he cannot say otherwise IMO.  Whether they are thinking of drafting a QB or not, you do not make those thoughts public under any circumstances.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: coggs on January 03, 2024, 03:13:49 PMYou will have to excuse me for taking this with a grain of salt.  These guys lie, a lot.  Not saying he is not being honest this time, but I certainly do not think it is a given that the Cards will not take a QB.

Fair enough, and I totally agree with you. Even with that caveat, I thought it was worth posting because he sounded particularly emphatic in this case.

However I think you are 100% right to take it with a relative grain of salt, and I agree that coaches often lie in these types of situations.

With all of the above said, I continue to believe that it might be pretty difficult (albeit not necessarily impossible) for the Cards to find suitors for Kyler Murray with that contract and the recent ACL injury, were they to want to trade him.

Stringer Bell

Understand your point and agree these guys lie all the time. That said, I follow the Cards closely (my son's favorite team), and I'm 100% confident Gannon is telling the truth here.

The franchise is all-in in terms of building around Kyler. His contract is actually pretty team friendly:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/kyler-murray-29036

They love Conner, and the prospect of adding MHJ to that offense, while continuing to add pieces to Gannon's defense, has many believing the team is close to competing.

PSUBeirut

Quote from: Stringer Bell on January 03, 2024, 05:52:59 PMUnderstand your point and agree these guys lie all the time. That said, I follow the Cards closely (my son's favorite team), and I'm 100% confident Gannon is telling the truth here.

The franchise is all-in in terms of building around Kyler. His contract is actually pretty team friendly:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/kyler-murray-29036

They love Conner, and the prospect of adding MHJ to that offense, while continuing to add pieces to Gannon's defense, has many believing the team is close to competing.

Agreed.  Kinda funny Kyler is in this situation, considering how he originally came to the Cardinals when they let Rosen loose so soon after he was drafted high....in order to draft another QB high.

TDToomer

Quote from: PSUBeirut on January 03, 2024, 07:55:52 PMAgreed.  Kinda funny Kyler is in this situation, considering how he originally came to the Cardinals when they let Rosen loose so soon after he was drafted high....in order to draft another QB high.

I thought they were nuts to give up on Rosen so quickly but they saw what he was and it was the right move. Rosen can't even get an NFL job now. How did all the scouts miss so badly on him? At least Darnold is a backup with the Niners.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 04, 2024, 08:51:33 AMI thought they were nuts to give up on Rosen so quickly but they saw what he was and it was the right move. Rosen can't even get an NFL job now. How did all the scouts miss so badly on him? At least Darnold is a backup with the Niners.

From what I have read/gathered, Rosen's attitude is a big part of the problem. He has repeatedly been criticized for being entitled, sulky, etc and generally not well liked by teammates. I think his passion level for football has also been questioned.

To be a good NFL QB, you not only have to have a ton of talent, but the dedication and desire has to be there. Rosen may be lacking on both fronts.

By the way, I say all of the above with the admission that I was very high on him coming out of UCLA. I thought he threw a beautiful ball, and I thought it would translate. I was aware that there were some questions around his attitude, but I figured they were either exaggerated or that he'd manage to outgrow them quickly once faced with the rigors of an NFL camp and season. Obviously I was dead wrong about him as a prospect.