News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Why Has OL Coach Not Been Fired Yet?

Started by Philosophers, January 01, 2024, 11:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

They are over 80 sacks in a season which is highest in my lifetime.  Yes they had injuries but they have not looked good at all.

How has management not pressed Dabs to make a coaching change midseason?  Judge did it and as I recalled, it helped a lot.

Do they possibly think he is not the reason for the OL's poor play?

spiderblue43

Or is it Daboll's buddy (Johnson)? What explains it is a mystery trapped in a Giant enigma
If he returns inexplicaby, that a major blow to Dabs credibility.

:doh:

Philosophers

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 01, 2024, 11:18:47 AMOr is it Daboll's buddy (Johnson)? What explains it is a mystery trapped in a Giant enigma
If he returns inexplicaby, that a major blow to Dabs credibility.

:doh:

Yes as I would think his loyalty is blind or that he is really something in evaluation of units/players.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Philosophers on January 01, 2024, 11:12:57 AMThey are over 80 sacks in a season which is highest in my lifetime.  Yes they had injuries but they have not looked good at all.

How has management not pressed Dabs to make a coaching change midseason?  Judge did it and as I recalled, it helped a lot.

Do they possibly think he is not the reason for the OL's poor play?

I see you posted at 11:12 AM Today. What is the purpose of firing an assistant coach with one game to play and totally out of any playoff contention ? I am sure after the season is over there will be several coaching firers and hires .

DaveBrown74

" see you posted at 11:12 AM Today. What is the purpose of firing an assistant coach with one game to play and totally out of any playoff contention ? I am sure after the season is over there will be several coaching firers and hires . "

I don't think the OP's point was that he should be fired specifically today. I think he was asking why it hasn't already happened a while ago.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 01, 2024, 11:47:38 AM" see you posted at 11:12 AM Today. What is the purpose of firing an assistant coach with one game to play and totally out of any playoff contention ? I am sure after the season is over there will be several coaching firers and hires . "

I don't think the OP's point was that he should be fired specifically today. I think he was asking why it hasn't already happened a while ago.

Thanks.  Yes what you wrote is what I was thinking.  Not during him today but sometime during the season.

andrew_nyGiants

I don't disagree that Johnson should be gone.

However I believe there are several changes that need to be made and anyone in the position of hiring/firing knows that you don't make these moves lightly.

This is an ongoing discussion with your GM which includes a short list of qualified candidates you know would seriously consider the opportunity while at the same time avoiding any potential tampering violations.

If this is done right, it's a process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

madbadger

This season was lost early. What would he gained by firing coaches in the middle of the year? I am also mindful that when we say X coach should be fired and goose marched out the facility we often forget that's a person with a family whose life is going to be turned upside down. I understand that firings are inevitable. I just hope they're handled with class unlike some other franchises.

AZGiantFan

We need an excellent OL coach and you don't attract an excellent coach if you have a history of firing coaches mid year.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

babywhales

I heard it stated that Carl Banks said Johnson is Dabolls best friend away from work

The reality is he is not firing anyone mid season. 

If what Banks said is true, there is 0 chance he is firing his best friend mid season

I expect them to go separate ways at seasons end

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

BluesCruz

This is the classic best friend hiring delemna

Its very painful to seperate oneself from the business decision afterwards if it needs to come to that

Also our talent level is really bad too......bad talent, bad coaching, bad situation
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Woody

Offensive line has been an issue for some time now ....over a couple of headaches time at the least....
The o line coach and or assistants along the line should be a high priority for evaluation even before the players themselves.....as with all the " talent " they have drafted and acquired over the years...something bad happens on the field . is it blocking techniques that are lacking ? Blocking schemes ? something isn't working or at very least needs to improve for the offense to move forward and get more consistent.     

MightyGiants

Quote from: babywhales on January 02, 2024, 12:09:36 AMI heard it stated that Carl Banks said Johnson is Dabolls best friend away from work

The reality is he is not firing anyone mid season. 

If what Babes said is teue, there is 0 chance he is firing his best friend mid season

I expect them to go separate ways at seasons end

Chris,

Where did you hear this?  I listen to Banks' podcast I had not heard this and an extensive internet search couldn't confirm it.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

WheresDayne

One reason I would have fired the OL Coach by now is that as long as he is with the team, the young players are not getting better and in some cases seem worse.  I would think that getting someone in here as fast as possible would be paramount to getting the unit, especially the young players, to improve.

MightyGiants

I don't know what a midseason firing would have accomplished.

Plus, as poorly as the Giants offensive line has played, injuries certainly were a mitigating factor.  I think the Giants lead the league in the number of different offensive line starting combinations, and that lack of continuity would hurt a line.

So while I 100% favor firing BJ at after the season, I don't think a mid-season firing was really justified or worth it.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE