News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

T Tyre Phillips tears quad

Started by MightyGiants, January 01, 2024, 03:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Shame.

I don't know much about this injury, but according to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons the typical recovery time is 4-6 months. So if that's true, he could be ready for camp.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/quadriceps-tendon-tear/

spiderblue43

Ugh. That's terrible. Last week of the season..now rehab all off-season.

Rosehill Jimmy

I guess that means one more look at Peart.  Final time?
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Ed Vette

Tough way to start the new year. Peart appeared to do ok for the time he came in but Phillips did a fine job outplaying the starter. Too bad for him not to be able to work on his craft in the offseason. He can be a starter in this league with more work.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 01, 2024, 03:42:57 PMUgh. That's terrible. Last week of the season..now rehab all off-season.

Would you prefer that it happened in September?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jclayton92

In Giants terms, it's just another Monday

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 01, 2024, 03:50:42 PMTough way to start the new year. Peart appeared to do ok for the time he came in but Phillips did a fine job outplaying the starter. Too bad for him not to be able to work on his craft in the offseason. He can be a starter in this league with more work.

Peart will be lining up opposite Hasaan Reddick for most of the game.  Hope Tyrod has good insurance

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 01, 2024, 08:04:55 PMPeart will be lining up opposite Hasaan Reddick for most of the game.  Hope Tyrod has good insurance
The Giants don't block him anyway. Let's see the difference in TT from TD. Some of this is on the QB.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 01, 2024, 08:04:55 PMPeart will be lining up opposite Hasaan Reddick for most of the game.  Hope Tyrod has good insurance

Life Insurance or Medical?  :P
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

I can't help but wonder if the Giants medical staff sent him out there with a partial tear only to see him suffer a full tear
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Fast Eddie Felson

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 02, 2024, 09:27:30 AMI can't help but wonder if the Giants medical staff sent him out there with a partial tear only to see him suffer a full tear
It`s like the beat writers fell asleep this week, certainly with the Evan Neal debacle not even in the rearview mirror yet. It`s a question that should be asked.