News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

With the 5th overall pick the Giants select BO NIX

Started by brownelvis54, January 03, 2024, 10:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like it?

brownelvis54

Is Bo Nix Oregon's Best Football Player Ever?

Carefully Considering How Nix Finished the 2023 Season
If you look at Nix's season stats, how he closed his time in Eugene is a night-and-day difference from how he started it. In his last five games to close out his career at Oregon, Nix threw for 1,785 yards, 20 touchdowns at a 76% completion rate, and only one interception. That completed a season in which he threw for more touchdowns than in his entire 3-year career at Auburn, and more touchdowns in a season than any quarterback Oregon's ever seen. Additionally, not only did he elevate his game as a Duck, he laid his body on the line for the team week after week.

https://fishduck.com/2024/01/is-bo-nix-oregons-best-football-player-ever/
The KING is in the building

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

spiderblue43

At # 5 .nope. That would be a reach   And his remarkable stats have to be considered in terms how porous defenses were also in his conference 

Day 2 I wouldn't mind. Has a lot to like (arm strength. mobile .accurate). Needs refinement to the pro game (command..footwork)  Interesting qb.

JT39

I would seriously reconsider my fandom of this team if he was the selection. Games are unwatchable now. Would be worse with him.

People have to account for the talent he played with and the poor defenses he played against.

Gmo11

That better be in 5th pick in Round 2 cause in Round 1 that's not gonna be good for business.  Personally I think there are only 3 QBs worth taking in the top 5 right now and then about 3 more worth late 1st early 2nd round range. 

Stringer Bell

Nix is almost 2 full years older than CJ Stroud. He played in a video game offense laden with NFL talent and against some of worst defenses in all of the Power 5. Has bust written all over him.

Painter

Should the Giants finish the season with the 5th overall pick, the first consideration is whether they then will have an opportunity to draft one of the 3 QBs whom, at this point, the media, and pundits, and self-anointed experts have declared to be full value and worthy of top ranking. As we all know, they are: USC's Caleb Williams, and UNC's Drake Maye, and the fast-rising Heisman winner, LSU's Jayden Daniels.

So what about the opportunity, assuming as I will that they might take one of those 3 if available at 5, but would not otherwise choose to trade up. It then will hinge on whether DaBears move on from Justin Fields and/or the Cardinals are fibbing re Kyler Murray. Given that I feel that both the Patriots and Commanders are a lock to take 2 of those QBs, my best guess at this point is that there is no more and probably less than a 50/50 chance that the Giants come away from Round 1 with one of the 3, or indeed with any QB at all.

While I'd be satisfied if the Giants took an OT like ND's Joe Alt, or PSU's Olum Fashanu, the current Round 1 WAG favorite is LSU WR Malik Nabors. And so then, what might that suggest for a Giants interest in a 2nd Round QB for which they have the Nos. 39 and 52 picks? I'd say a lot. Indeed, I almost expect them to add one of the x-men, Penix or Nix. Go on then, take your pix.

Cheers!

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

DaveBrown74

We have had a few very lopsided polls on the site recently. This is certainly one of them.

GloryDays

Nix can light them up with a fine O line and targets; however the best QB imo in this draft is Drake Maye who did it without great supporting cast.. he looks like a Josh Allen clone. He'll go 1 or 2 though.
If the Giants go for a QB in the first, my ideal scenario after hearing Simms' analysis, is that they trade down a few spots and take Washington QB Pennix and also get the Washington Offense coach to replace Kafka. And I hope Wink stays.
Then our priority should be a WR who can get open and catch, an OT to replace Neal, a pass rusher and a DT. I have some good names at each position which we will discuss later when the draft talk heats up.