News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dane Belton

Started by zephirus, January 08, 2024, 10:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephirus

Maybe it's just me because I'm looking at the stat sheet and feel that Belton had way more of an impact than it suggests.  A sack yesterday and another tackle for loss, two picks last week.  Really seems to have made the most out of the extended playing time he got in the last few weeks where before that he wasn't on the field more than 15-30% of the time.  Don't want to make a big deal out of very limited sample size but he just LOOKED the part to me the last few games.

Bob In PA

Quote from: zephirus on January 08, 2024, 10:05:46 AMMaybe it's just me because I'm looking at the stat sheet and feel that Belton had way more of an impact than it suggests.  A sack yesterday and another tackle for loss, two picks last week.  Really seems to have made the most out of the extended playing time he got in the last few weeks where before that he wasn't on the field more than 15-30% of the time.  Don't want to make a big deal out of very limited sample size but he just LOOKED the part to me the last few games.
Lee: IMO, he is one of their many more recent solid draft selections. I feel the same way about Flott. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Trench

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

kartanoman

Quote from: zephirus on January 08, 2024, 10:05:46 AMMaybe it's just me because I'm looking at the stat sheet and feel that Belton had way more of an impact than it suggests.  A sack yesterday and another tackle for loss, two picks last week.  Really seems to have made the most out of the extended playing time he got in the last few weeks where before that he wasn't on the field more than 15-30% of the time.  Don't want to make a big deal out of very limited sample size but he just LOOKED the part to me the last few games.

He's been an opportunist and has taken full advantage of his limited opportunities on the field. Whether by coaching or through instinct and talent, he's more than made a case for himself for next year's team. Hopefully, the new defensive coordinator will be able to utilize him and he'll continue to develop, grow and make more big plays for the team.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Jclayton92

Think he was in Winks dog house as him and Beavers were left for dead by wink.