News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is it possible to fire Daboll and hire Bellichek?

Started by Fletch, January 11, 2024, 11:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

I bet he can still coach. But like he says Players win games. Also I think with him being GM and his legacy, Mara would be a non factor i.e. no Shep, no Jones playing here and / or on scholarship, no Barkley if he so desires.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Fletch on January 11, 2024, 11:06:16 AMI bet he can still coach. But like he says Players win games. Also I think with him being GM and his legacy, Mara would be a non factor i.e. no Shep, no Jones playing here and / or on scholarship, no Barkley if he so desires.

Sign him up as HC
Fire Daboll

Rare opportunity to restore the franchise quickly

Send jones to New England as compensation

I think he would come as our D is strong
And O surging
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

uconnjack8

Would Belichick even think about coming to the Giants at this point?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 11, 2024, 01:49:09 PMWould Belichick even think about coming to the Giants at this point?

Not if his primary motivation is to catch Shula as quickly as possible.

Possibly if his motivation were to be in a place he has some sentimental attachment to and a relationship with ownership.

Either way it's moot. They're not firing Daboll.

Philosophers

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 11, 2024, 11:22:56 AMSign him up as HC
Fire Daboll

Rare opportunity to restore the franchise quickly

Send jones to New England as compensation

I think he would come as our D is strong
And O surging

If he could not restore the Pats, what makes you think he can do the Giants?

BluesCruz

Quote from: Philosophers on January 11, 2024, 02:02:46 PMIf he could not restore the Pats, what makes you think he can do the Giants?

In Schoen he would have a competent GM to do the vulcan mind meld with
Schoen seems extremely diplomatic and could work with the ol GOAT

As a HC he is peerless, as a GM Fugetaboutit

We need a HC BADLY.  He is as good as it gets
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

uconnjack8

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 11, 2024, 01:56:07 PMNot if his primary motivation is to catch Shula as quickly as possible.

Possibly if his motivation were to be in a place he has some sentimental attachment to and a relationship with ownership.

Either way it's moot. They're not firing Daboll.

Not sure of BB's views towards various organizations, but I think if he comes back as a coach, he wants to win a Super bowl with another franchise.  When I look at the openings the only team that I am pretty sure has it's QB is SD.  They have a pretty notorious management group.  Still, that might be the most underachieving team over the last couple of years. 

The rest of the openings, Panthers, Commanders, Raiders, Falcons, Titans, Seahawks, have big questions marks at the QB position.  Some of those teams have good units at various positions, but if you are looking to win quickly, the QB question mark is a tough one.

Giant Obsession

Only as a HC.

And sadly on in my dreams.

It would be a smart move.

We do not make many of those.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Jclayton92

What a horrible take.

An out of touch coach that just finished worse than us, and hasn't drafted well in 6 years.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 11, 2024, 02:27:41 PMWhat a horrible take.

An out of touch coach that just finished worse than us, and hasn't drafted well in 6 years.

"has not drafted well in 6 years" Very True

But perhaps their scouting and evaluation department leaves something to be desired.

Sort of like another team we are very familiar with.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Giant Obsession on January 11, 2024, 02:36:10 PM"has not drafted well in 6 years" Very True

But perhaps their scouting and evaluation department leaves something to be desired.

Sort of like another team we are very familiar with.

True, although he was responsible for everything, including staffing his scouting department. If they weren't up to scratch, he should have upgraded them. If he tried to do that and failed to get the right people, it's still on him.

At the end of the day the Pats' roster is a disaster, and Belichick is ultimately responsible for that. If he got bad advice from his underlings, that's his fault for not firing them and getting better people.

Fletch

So this guy has not picked in the first round and/or picked 31st in the first round for going back to 2018 and, it is his fault his roster sucks?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Fletch on January 11, 2024, 03:07:06 PMSo this guy has not picked in the first round and/or picked 31st in the first round for going back to 2018 and, it is his fault his roster sucks?

He was in charge of everything and everybody there, so yes.

If it's not his fault, whom else do you blame?

Fletch

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 11, 2024, 03:11:56 PMHe was in charge of everything and everybody there, so yes.

If it's not his fault, whom else do you blame?

So who is going to build a roster with like no first round picks for years with the exception of Mack Jones with the 15th overral pick (which admittedly is not a good QB).

You think Shoen and Mara who decided to sign Daniel Jones for 160 mil are going to do it? You think Bill B. would have Shappard on this roster still in 2023? Little Bill would have cut him 5 years ago.