News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF Heroes and Goats for 2023

Started by MightyGiants, January 13, 2024, 08:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Here are the results for the season.  100 snaps minimum.  75 or greater is a hero and below 55 is a goat.

OFFENSE

Hero

Andrew Thomas

Goats

Tyre Phillips
Matt Breida
Parris Campbell
Sterling Shepard
Marcus McKethan
Matt Peart
Joshua Ezeudu
Ben Bredeson
Justin Pugh
John Michael Schmitz Jr.
Evan Neal

DEFENSE

Heroes

Dexter Lawrence (elite)
Xavier McKinney
Bobby Okereke

Note- Nick McCloud just missed with a 74.8

Goats

Cor'Dale Flott
Tre Hawkins III
Azeez Ojulari
Dane Belton
D.J. Davidson
Deonte Banks
Adoree' Jackson
Rakeem Nunez-Roches
Jihad Ward
Jordon Riley
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

21 players with a grade of below 55. Seven from the Offensive Line. Four at CB, yet no Safeties who were often in Cover one. The Safeties and ILB's were the best squads of the Defense. That's surprising on the surface with that putrid Run Defense. Looks like they fired three of the right guys. So what was the issue with the Corners?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

First, I note that none of the QB's made either list - good or bad.

"Surprises" - guys who didn't finish as heroes: McFadden and Slayton.

"Disappointments" - guys you named goats who I though played better than that: Flott and Banks.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jolly Blue Giant

My biggest disappointments for the season came from Waller, Campbell, JMS, and Neal. I don't see how Banks was a season-long GOAT  :-??

Waller and Neal were hit by injuries that killed their season, but Parris Campbell was supposed to bring a new dimension - I had great hopes for him...don't know what happened there...it's as if he wasn't even on the team

JMS is a rookie sandwiched between two below average guards, so I give him a pass. He'll become the stud we expected...IMO
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

sooners56

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 13, 2024, 12:50:25 PMMy biggest disappointments for the season came from Waller, Campbell, JMS, and Neal. I don't see how Banks was a season-long GOAT  :-??

Waller and Neal were hit by injuries that killed their season, but Parris Campbell was supposed to bring a new dimension - I had great hopes for him...don't know what happened there...it's as if he wasn't even on the team

JMS is a rookie sandwiched between two below average guards, so I give him a pass. He'll become the stud we expected...IMO

I never understood why people thought Pareis Campbell would bring anything to this Giants offense when in the 4 prior years with the Colts, he did absolutely nothing. In those 4 years, he only had one season over 162 yards. Yes, 1 season over 162 yards receiving yet Giants fans thought he was going to do something on a much worse offensive unit 🤷🏼�♂️
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: sooners56 on January 13, 2024, 04:12:34 PMI never understood why people thought Pareis Campbell would bring anything to this Giants offense when in the 4 prior years with the Colts, he did absolutely nothing. In those 4 years, he only had one season over 162 yards. Yes, 1 season over 162 yards receiving yet Giants fans thought he was going to do something on a much worse offensive unit 🤷🏼�♂️

Well, he ran a 4.3 and had over a thousand yds at Ohio State. Some thought the Colts were using him wrong and just needed to be put in the right situation. In hindsight, it was a waste of money. I've always been leery of players from Ohio State for some reason...probably because of Eli Apple and a couple other busts. That isn't fair though, to judge the entire school because of some washouts in the NFL. It happens to all schools
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

One thing that is depressing, in terms of Joe Schone,

Of the heroes, only free agent Bobby Okereke as a Joe Schoen acquisition, the rest of the players he inherited.

Plenty of Joe's draft picks populated the goat list including:

Matt Breida
Parris Campbell
Marcus McKethan
Joshua Ezeudu
Justin Pugh
John Michael Schmitz Jr.
Evan Neal
Cor'Dale Flott
Tre Hawkins II
Dane Belton
D.J. Davidson
Deonte Banks
Rakeem Nunez-Roches
Jihad Ward
Jordon Riley

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 14, 2024, 07:08:17 AMOne thing that is depressing, in terms of Joe Schone,

Of the heroes, only free agent Bobby Okereke as a Joe Schoen acquisition, the rest of the players he inherited.

Plenty of Joe's draft picks populated the goat list including:

Matt Breida
Parris Campbell
Marcus McKethan
Joshua Ezeudu
Justin Pugh
John Michael Schmitz Jr.
Evan Neal
Cor'Dale Flott
Tre Hawkins II
Dane Belton
D.J. Davidson
Deonte Banks
Rakeem Nunez-Roches
Jihad Ward
Jordon Riley

I'd be inclined to have some patience regarding the rookies, who just finished their first NFL season. I wonder if Corey Webster would have had the "goat" label after his rookie year.

TDToomer

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 13, 2024, 04:19:57 PMWell, he ran a 4.3 and had over a thousand yds at Ohio State. Some thought the Colts were using him wrong and just needed to be put in the right situation. In hindsight, it was a waste of money. I've always been leery of players from Ohio State for some reason...probably because of Eli Apple and a couple other busts. That isn't fair though, to judge the entire school because of some washouts in the NFL. It happens to all schools

I'm sorry but after 4 years in the NFL your college accomplishments are meaningless. Would you hire an unproductive applicant at your company with a weak resume but had a 3.9 GPA in college and expect a model employee?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs