News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

First Mock Draft Predictions Are in

Started by Jclayton92, January 15, 2024, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

https://www.giants.com/news/nfl-mock-draft-2024-tracker-draft-order-giants-bears-commanders-patriots-cardinals

It is all over the place currently. Multiple people selected Jayden Daniels, Joe Alt, and Brock Bowers. A couple of people were also chosen once in Rome Odunze, and Malik Nabers.

I would be happy with any of those guys, but one Joe Alt, he played LT his whole career and I really don't want another high oline prospect. Especially when this class is so deep at oline prospects, we could get a day 1 starting guard or tackle in the 2nd round if need be but I would prefer FA.

The top guy I prefer right now Daniels and getting our QB of the future to jump start our offense. He checks off all the initial rules when drafting a qb.

1. Be a three year starter. ✔️

2. Be a senior & graduate from college. ✔️ He graduated and is getting his masters

3. start at least 30 games and win at least 23 ✔️ He's 37-18 in college, 19-7 at LSU

4. 2-1 td/int ratio ✔️ including rushing he has a 5-1 TD ratio accounted for 89 passing Tds, 34 rushing Tds, and 1 receiving Td

5. at least 60% completion percentage ✔️ his cmp% has grown every year culminating in 72.38% this season.

WheresDayne

How do you propose we get Daniels?  I don't think giving the farm away to move up to get him is wise and i don't think he's there when we pick.  I like him too, just think we screwed ourselves with a couple useless wins.  :surrender:

AYM

DaveBrown74

Quote from: WheresDayne on January 15, 2024, 01:43:37 PMHow do you propose we get Daniels?  I don't think giving the farm away to move up to get him is wise and i don't think he's there when we pick.  I like him too, just think we screwed ourselves with a couple useless wins.  :surrender:

Only way would be to trade up, and that's if it's even possible. If the Bears decide to move on from Fields, I think we have no chance. I see no way the Pats or Commanders will be interested in a trade-down. Both are just as desperate for QB help as we are.

I guess in theory there's a very small chance Daniels could have a catastrophically bad combine or get hurt at the combine. But short of anything like that, the Giants will need to move up a minimum of two or three spots I think.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 15, 2024, 02:22:33 PMOnly way would be to trade up, and that's if it's even possible. If the Bears decide to move on from Fields, I think we have no chance. I see no way the Pats or Commanders will be interested in a trade-down. Both are just as desperate for QB help as we are.

I guess in theory there's a very small chance Daniels could have a catastrophically bad combine or get hurt at the combine. But short of anything like that, the Giants will need to move up a minimum of two or three spots I think.
Some will still see the day 3 prospect that started the year. I think there is a 50/50 he is there at 6.

Brooklyn Dave

AS I am watching these playoff games I see how teams utilize their TE so effectively, unlike us, so maybe Brock Bowsers would be an ideal fit at number 6 if he is available. We could then draft OL and WR in rounds 2 and 3 .

This is all predicated of course on what happens in FA

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 15, 2024, 02:22:33 PMOnly way would be to trade up, and that's if it's even possible. If the Bears decide to move on from Fields, I think we have no chance. I see no way the Pats or Commanders will be interested in a trade-down. Both are just as desperate for QB help as we are.

The Athletic (or maybe it was FanSided...I can't remember) predicts the Giants will trade Saquon Barkley, '23 #1, '23 #2, 24 #1, and '25 #2, for Chicago's 1st, and use the pick to draft Daniels. Of course...everything is speculation right now and much will change before draft day...especially once free agents are signed
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 16, 2024, 10:50:03 AMThe Athletic (or maybe it was FanSided...I can't remember) predicts the Giants will trade Saquon Barkley, '23 #1, '23 #2, 24 #1, and '25 #2, for Chicago's 1st, and use the pick to draft Daniels. Of course...everything is speculation right now and much will change before draft day...especially once free agents are signed

Thanks for posting. But I think that author has been playing too much Madden

BluesCruz

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"