News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who would you want as the Giants QB?

Started by LennG, January 17, 2024, 05:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you want as the Giants QB?

Lamar Jackson
1 (5%)
CJ Stroud
6 (30%)
Josh Allen
6 (30%)
Jordon Love
1 (5%)
Patrick Mahomes
6 (30%)
Brock Purdy
0 (0%)
Anyone else
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

LennG

We did a poll for coaches, so now if we could have any of these QBs as the new QB of the Giants, whom would you pick?

Come on, I know it's just wishful dreaming and no harm, no foul, but I was just curious whom people would go for.

Myself I go with Josh Allen. Why, there is just something about him that makes guys want to win.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Philosophers

CJ Stroud because he is good and on his rookie contract.

katkavage

Mahomes is the GOT (Greatest of Today) but Stroud has tremendous up size. We have to see how he does in big time clutch spots. Same with Love. Allen is right there but makes bonehead throws too often to put him at the top. We will see about Jackson after this playoff run. Purdy has been very good but we don't know if he can win the game by himself, something Mahomes, Allen and Jackson can do.

DaveBrown74

Great question/poll. Makes you think.

Was not an easy call for me actually. I narrowed the list down pretty quickly to three guys:

Mahomes
Allen
Stroud

I went with Stroud.

Age was a big part of it. While neither Allen nor Mahomes are old at all at 27/28, Stroud being 22 is a factor. Going against that of course is that these other two veterans are more proven at this point, especially Mahomes who has two Lombardis and two MVPs already, but the Giants have a lot of roster holes and uncertainty at the coaching positions, that getting a guy with Stroud's talent at 22 just makes a lot of sense to me. I've seen enough of him to know he's legitimately excellent.

I will admit though, it's not easy passing up on an opportunity to get Mahomes or Allen. Both are superb. Allen when he's on is just otherworldly.

Still, I'll take the 22 year old who has already looked like an elite or near-elite QB as a rookie.

LennG

I know it's early, but most people think Jackson will win the MVP yet no one even considered him.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss