News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hey Giant fans

Started by Arodgers12, January 20, 2024, 08:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arodgers12

Question for you guys. Are you pulling for us against SF tonight? Do we have a chance? I'm nervous about this game.

Jolly Blue Giant

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I'd like to see you take down SF. I'll be at my favorite watering hole tonight, and there is a large contingent of Packer fans in Binghamton...not sure why  :-?? . Place gets rocking whenever there is a Packers' or Notre Dame game. All (or most of) the dozen TV screens will have the GB-SF game on, but tonight they'll probably have a couple on the Knicks' game...because of my request, LOL

Good luck  :ok:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

After what the players did to the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, I'm all in for the Niners.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EDjohnst1981

I've taken Aaron Jones as an anytime TD scorer. Priced at 2.10, it screamed a bit of value.

So yeah, Go Jones Go!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 20, 2024, 09:04:38 AMAfter what the players did to the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, I'm all in for the Niners.

I have doubts about the Cheerleader's claims.   With 80,000 individual cameras and all the cameras from the TV network, I find it improbably that there isn't a single picture or video showing the acts that were alleged (especially as she alleges the players got in her face)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 20, 2024, 09:54:05 AMI have doubts about the Cheerleader's claims.   With 80,000 individual cameras and all the cameras from the TV network, I find it improbably that there isn't a single picture or video showing the acts that were alleged (especially as she alleges the players got in her face)
So is the the source or do you think she lied?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Personally, I doubt this woman is outright lying. However, she might be exaggerating or perhaps a bit overly sensitive. Hard to say. I'd have to see some evidence. But it's not just Darian Lasiter that is making this claim. At least one other cheerleader claimed the Packer players were disrespectful.

Even if Lasiter was exaggerating about the players getting physically too close to their faces, if they were saying nasty things to the cheerleaders that's definitely not ok. I frankly have a hard time believing these women would just make such a claim up out of thin air. I feel pretty confident there is at least some degree of truth to it.

Arodgers12

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 20, 2024, 11:23:21 AMPersonally, I doubt this woman is outright lying. However, she might be exaggerating or perhaps a bit overly sensitive. Hard to say. I'd have to see some evidence. But it's not just Darian Lasiter that is making this claim. At least one other cheerleader claimed the Packer players were disrespectful.

Even if Lasiter was exaggerating about the players getting physically too close to their faces, if they were saying nasty things to the cheerleaders that's definitely not ok. I frankly have a hard time believing these women would just make such a claim up out of thin air. I feel pretty confident there is at least some degree of truth to it.

I hope our players didn't do this. That's disappointing if true.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Arodgers12 on January 20, 2024, 11:46:14 AMI hope our players didn't do this. That's disappointing if true.

There's not much detail. Maybe it was an off color comment by one or two players.

There is no single NFL team that has had perfect behavior by all of its players all the time. Unless it was like 10-15 guys, this doesn't stop me from rooting for the Pack in this game. I have never like the 49ers that much. They have had some games against the Jints that have haunted me (the Trey Junkin one comes to mind, but there were some others). When we beat them in the NFC champ game in San Fran back in 2011 that was incredibly satisfying.

Bob In PA

Your team did great last week, but I don't think they have much of a chance this week.

Absent injury to Purdy, the "bye week advantage" is probably enough to carry SF through.

But I'll buy you a steak dinner if the Packers win.  Good luck.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Gman329

My loyalties lie strictly with my pool picks.  I have the 49ers winning and covering, 34-24.  I see the 9er running game being too much for GB, leading to lots of points and the Pack O can't quite keep up.

TDToomer

Rooting for the Packers but the 49ers will win and probably win big.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

brownelvis54

Darian Lassiter, a member of the Cowboys' cheerleading squad, posted a video on TikTok Wednesday claiming that Packers players yelled at and insulted cheerleaders during the game, particularly after touchdowns.

www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-claim-packers-verbal-abuse-verge-tears-playoffs#:~:text=Darian%20Lassiter%2C%20a%20member%20of,the%20game%2C%20particularly%20after%20touchdowns.

Not cool if true
The KING is in the building

TDToomer

Quote from: brownelvis54 on January 20, 2024, 02:22:56 PMDarian Lassiter, a member of the Cowboys' cheerleading squad, posted a video on TikTok Wednesday claiming that Packers players yelled at and insulted cheerleaders during the game, particularly after touchdowns.

www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-claim-packers-verbal-abuse-verge-tears-playoffs#:~:text=Darian%20Lassiter%2C%20a%20member%20of,the%20game%2C%20particularly%20after%20touchdowns.

Not cool if true

It should be on video. If not I am dubious to these claims.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MagicRat

No dog in the fight either, but I'm pulling for GB tonight.
But if they make it, and they're playing Detroit in the championship game, that's me done.
Smell my cheese you mother!