News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Lesson Learned

Started by Philosophers, January 20, 2024, 07:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Great college player but doubt about his size.  Tyler Lindenbaum.  6'3" 290 pounds in college.  Now a Pro Bowl center.

Best technique in college since Nelson from ND at guard.

We as fans need to learn from our mistakes.

kartanoman

Quote from: Philosophers on January 20, 2024, 07:57:21 PMGreat college player but doubt about his size.  Tyler Lindenbaum.  6'3" 290 pounds in college.  Now a Pro Bowl center.

The Giants need to learn how to scout like the Ravens and maybe they would be playing this weekend.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

uconnjack8

Or just learn how to utilize guys like Zeitler

Trench

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 20, 2024, 08:16:12 PMOr just learn how to utilize guys like Zeitler

Zietler was blowing guys off the ball tonight

Bob In PA

Quote from: Philosophers on January 20, 2024, 07:57:21 PMGreat college player but doubt about his size.  Tyler Lindenbaum.  6'3" 290 pounds in college.  Now a Pro Bowl center.

Phil: Yeah, the Ravens are IMO a smarter team than most others.  ''

But wait,.. we might have the same thing in Jingleheimer Schmitz. 

It took Linderbaum a couple of years to get up to "full speed" (and we got Schmitz in the 2nd round).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Doc16LT56

Linderbaum finished his rookie season with a 74.7 grade. JMS finished with a 41.4 grade. That's a lot of ground to make up.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 21, 2024, 08:39:47 AMLinderbaum finished his rookie season with a 74.7 grade. JMS finished with a 41.4 grade. That's a lot of ground to make up.
Doc: Good point, although Linderbaum went to a much better OL than Schmitz. I begged here for Linderbaum.

But a lot of members thought the Giants' pick was "just too high" to use on a center.

In any event, I saw a lot of positive signs this year from Schmitz, so I'm still confident in what we got.

Bob

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on January 21, 2024, 08:48:26 AMDoc: Good point, although Linderbaum went to a much better OL than Schmitz. I begged here for Linderbaum.

But a lot of members thought the Giants' pick was "just too high" to use on a center.

In any event, I saw a lot of positive signs this year from Schmitz, so I'm still confident in what we got.

Bob
We shall see if a new Coach can make a difference like it did for the many successful players who left this team and turned their careers around. Some of whom had seasons that didn't end two weeks ago.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 21, 2024, 08:39:47 AMLinderbaum finished his rookie season with a 74.7 grade. JMS finished with a 41.4 grade. That's a lot of ground to make up.

I hold out hope he will improve but it is not a given certainly not after what has happened with Neal.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Philosophers on January 21, 2024, 09:22:42 AMI hold out hope he will improve but it is not a given certainly not after what has happened with Neal.
I agree. I actually expect JMS to make a big jump in year 2. It's not a given but my expectation is he will at least be an average center and the question is how much better than average he can develop into. Linderbaum is special. I don't expect JMS to be that good but time will tell.

Bob In PA

For whatever it's worth, guys, I just read that the coaching staff thinks so highly of Schmitz they expect he will eventually (sooner rather than later) become one of the Giants' team captains.  I think that says a lot. Bob

Philosophers

Quote from: Bob In PA on January 21, 2024, 10:23:17 AMFor whatever it's worth, guys, I just read that the coaching staff thinks so highly of Schmitz they expect he will eventually (sooner rather than later) become one of the Giants' team captains.  I think that says a lot. Bob

Is this the coaching staff that is here or gone? 

Trench

Quote from: Bob In PA on January 21, 2024, 10:23:17 AMFor whatever it's worth, guys, I just read that the coaching staff thinks so highly of Schmitz they expect he will eventually (sooner rather than later) become one of the Giants' team captains.  I think that says a lot. Bob

When half the team are Captains I'm not so sure it's that big a deal 😂

Bob In PA

Quote from: Trench on January 21, 2024, 05:33:40 PMWhen half the team are Captains I'm not so sure it's that big a deal 😂
Trench: I'm aware the Giants seem to have more than the average number of captains, but I don't achieving that level in any way would diminish the accomplishment. There are really really good players on the Giants who are not captains. It has to do with getting respect from those who have been around the NFL a lot longer than Schmitz. It's truly a compliment regardless, IMO. Bob 

Trench

Quote from: Bob In PA on January 21, 2024, 10:42:34 PMTrench: I'm aware the Giants seem to have more than the average number of captains, but I don't achieving that level in any way would diminish the accomplishment. There are really really good players on the Giants who are not captains. It has to do with getting respect from those who have been around the NFL a lot longer than Schmitz. It's truly a compliment regardless, IMO. Bob 

It most definitely is, you're totally right. Unfortunately the Giants seem to elevate and anoint all the wrong people before they've earned it.

Case in point Daniel Jones and Xavier McKinney. Both named Captains before really doing much of anything. Good players yes, but very young. They would've been better served waiting a few years and it would've meant more. Kind of how LT and Carl Banks were great players but George Martin and Harry Carson easily were the leaders and Captain types.