News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT interesting discussion about Josh Allen

Started by MightyGiants, January 22, 2024, 07:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 22, 2024, 07:09:54 PMHard luck QB or another Dak Prescott

https://x.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1749583489006031039?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ
Great or not, without Josh Allen the Bills are a losing team. And if Diggs makes that catch on a ball that went through his hands, the discussion would be much different.

uconnjack8

Bill's could really use a deep threat at the WR position.  Diggs, as good as he is, is not a take the top off the defense guy.

Hadron

Josh Allen carried that team in 2023.

How many passes do his receivers/backs need to drop? Did Allen miss a FG that would've tied the game?

Is he without fault? Hardly. He should've hit Diggs underneath instead of throwing to the end zone on that final drive.

SUPERSEE

Josh did his part .. HC lost that game on the 4th down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 22, 2024, 07:34:13 PMBill's could really use a deep threat at the WR position.  Diggs, as good as he is, is not a take the top off the defense guy.
Can you imagine Jalin Hyatt and Josh Allen...
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 22, 2024, 08:44:48 PMCan you imagine Jalin Hyatt and Josh Allen...

When I wrote that I was thinking of someone like Slayton, but Hyatt may be a better example.  It would open up a lot of the intermediate stuff for Diggs where he attracts a lot of attention.

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 22, 2024, 08:54:03 PMWhen I wrote that I was thinking of someone like Slayton, but Hyatt may be a better example.  It would open up a lot of the intermediate stuff for Diggs where he attracts a lot of attention.
I remember Rich pointing it out months ago and he's right. A team needs two top receivers. They can't double both. Ideally is a slot, a number one and a deep threat like the Giants had in 2011. They have the rushing attack in Buffalo.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

Quote from: katkavage on January 22, 2024, 07:25:22 PMGreat or not, without Josh Allen the Bills are a losing team. And if Diggs makes that catch on a ball that went through his hands, the discussion would be much different.

As the Bills were going in that direction on the field, the wind was a constant 20+ mph. The most blatant example of it was the missed game winning FG attempt. Allen's long bomb to Diggs, a missile of a throw, ended up hitting the outside edge of Diggs' right hand and off his body which clearly points the wind impacted the descent of the ball.

With a defender all over him, Diggs wasn't able to make the adjustment needed to catch the wayward ball.

It was a great throw; however, on a night like that, it was a difficult catch. If I remember correctly, Gary Clark could have lit up Giants Stadium in the 1986 NFC Championship but a similar phenomenon happened to him on Giants Stadium and the swirling 40+ mph winds. Schroeder appeared to deliver it to him but he dropped it.

Winds can have an effect on a receiver catching a ball.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Bob In PA

In the playoffs, the importance of the QB is magnified even more so than in the regular season.

Losing to the Bills at home earlier this year proved to be a great advantage to the Chiefs on Sunday.

Best QB mostly wins playoff games, and yesterday Mahomes was simply a tiny bit better than Allen. In the earlier game it was the other way around. Two great teams, one had to lose.  Criticism of Allen was not justified, IMO.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Messiah717

Lost Gabe Davis to injury and Diggs became a non factor at the end of the season and in the playoffs.  A number one receiver who completely tailed off. 

EDjohnst1981

3 weeks ago there was a potential that the Bills didn't even make the post season if the Jags won in week 18 and the Bills lost.

Despite that Allan has put up 50 air and rushing TDs this season despite the offense having what was perceived to be a down year.

I don't think he's the problem there.

jgrangers2

If anybody watches the Bills and thinks Josh Allen is the problem, you're out of your mind. This is a prime example of how "analysts" don't really know how to view the QB position so they lean on things like wins to compare. Two years ago, Josh Allen led Buffalo into KC and TWICE drove his team down the field for a lead with under 2 minutes to go only for his defense to give it right back.

If Diggs makes that deep catch or Dawkins doesn't get walked back into him on the throw to Shakir, we might be having an entirely different discussion today.

MightyGiants

Quote from: jgrangers2 on January 23, 2024, 06:42:34 PMIf anybody watches the Bills and thinks Josh Allen is the problem, you're out of your mind. This is a prime example of how "analysts" don't really know how to view the QB position so they lean on things like wins to compare. Two years ago, Josh Allen led Buffalo into KC and TWICE drove his team down the field for a lead with under 2 minutes to go only for his defense to give it right back.

If Diggs makes that deep catch or Dawkins doesn't get walked back into him on the throw to Shakir, we might be having an entirely different discussion today.

Not sure JA is the slam dunk you believe him to be.  I was quite surprised by this stat as I would have guessed Josh was in the top 10.

https://x.com/NFLNotify/status/1750228502186745873?s=20

NFL Notifications
@NFLNotify
𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐐𝐁𝐬)

1. Aaron Rodgers (NYJ) - 103.6
2. Patrick Mahomes (KC) - 103.5
3. Deshaun Watson (CLE) - 100.8
4. Russell Wilson (DEN) - 100.0
5. Dak Prescott (DAL) - 99.0
6. Joe Burrow (CIN) - 98.6
7. Kirk Cousins (MIN) - 98.2
8. Lamar Jackson (BAL) - 98.0
9. Jimmy Garoppolo (LV) - 97.6
10. Tua Tagovailoa (MIA) - 97.1
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 24, 2024, 02:11:08 PMNFL Notifications
@NFLNotify
𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐐𝐁𝐬)

1. Aaron Rodgers (NYJ) - 103.6
2. Patrick Mahomes (KC) - 103.5
3. Deshaun Watson (CLE) - 100.8
4. Russell Wilson (DEN) - 100.0
5. Dak Prescott (DAL) - 99.0
6. Joe Burrow (CIN) - 98.6
7. Kirk Cousins (MIN) - 98.2
8. Lamar Jackson (BAL) - 98.0
9. Jimmy Garoppolo (LV) - 97.6
10. Tua Tagovailoa (MIA) - 97.1

There isn't a person on this earth who would just go by passer rating and choose Garoppolo over Allen. Or Lawrence who is also not top 10. Lets be serious.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs