News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How Would you Honestly feel ?

Started by Brooklyn Dave, January 24, 2024, 11:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooklyn Dave

If Sequon Barkley was not resigned and then he signed on with the Eagles or Cowboys ? How about with the Commanders with their new QB , Caleb Williams or Drake Maye

ozzie

Honestly.....I wouldn't care in the least.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Gmo11

I think the Eagles are a viable location and it would sting a bit because he would go full scorched earth every time they played the Giants but the Giants can't give him the type of contract he's going to get in free agency when they are not a Saquon Barkley away from a title.  They can get similar production for much less money and they can use that money to fix other holes.

RelaxTension

Please stop with Barkley to the Eagles nonsense.
I mean if they are such a great run team from the front office perspective that most people want to claim then they won't over spend for a RB with injury history.

Curious to see who get paid better Barkley or Henry.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on January 24, 2024, 11:28:45 AMIf Sequon Barkley was not resigned and then he signed on with the Eagles or Cowboys ? How about with the Commanders with their new QB , Caleb Williams or Drake Maye

I could care less where Barkley lands. As long as we don't give him a second contract and allocate that savings somewhere else I'm good.

There will be high quality running backs galore on day two of the draft and still some solid ones on day three. Not concerned. We have much bigger fish to fry on this team than that.

MightyGiants

I wouldn't care in the least.  From what I have seen, Barkley has lost that special speed and burst that made him special.  Over the past few years, I tune in to the playoffs, and I routinely see RBs making bigger or equal contributions to their teams as Barkley makes to the Giants.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

Can we sign and trade him to the Texans for a late 2nd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Jolly Blue Giant

I've kind of settled in mind...and accepted it...that he is gone. I think he feels the same way. A new team for him would do him a lot of good...and in the process, probably help the Giants as they can no longer rely so heavily on one man for their offense. Love the guy, but he's gone. That's my story, and I'm stickin to it!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Here is a Twitter survey (over a thousand responses) addressing this very topic

https://x.com/GiantInsider/status/1750222615623418267?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

I would hate to see them have to let him walk but whether or not they can do a tag and trade, c'est au revoir, Saquon. Bonne chance et meilleurs voeux!

Cheers!

spiderblue43

Letting Barkley go seems very logical considering the team needs, but still have Mara's affection of him to deal with.

I hope Schoen can make that decision unfettered by his potential input.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 24, 2024, 04:59:04 PMLetting Barkley go seems very logical considering the team needs, but still have Mara's affection of him to deal with.

I hope Schoen can make that decision unfettered by his potential input.

Just a hunch, but I have a feeling Mara isn't going to be a problem on this.

Giant Obsession

Sorry but I fear most of you have him way overrated talent wise after 6 years and salary wise I am willing to wager he barely get a sniff as a FA.

In todays NFL he is just an ordinary RB, nothing more.

If smart he will resign with us for 6 million and and keep making endorsement dollars that are not available anywhere else.

Bottom line history will show that drafting Barkley and Daniel Jones set this franchise back a good 5 years in terms of rebuild.

Add in one hot head HC who has no end of game decision making skills and you have got quite a recipe.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

EDjohnst1981

So the O Line can give a pass to all the QBs, the WRs for not getting time to get open but a guy who put up nearly 1000 yards in 14 games can't catch the same break and might not get a sniff in free agency? Okay.

Now, if you don't want to re-sign Barkley because of cost and age - I have no problem with that but to think he's a busted flush, I'm not so sure about that.

T200

I would like to see him go to a team that can run block. Give him an opportunity to excel and meet the expectations that people had for him. He's not going to get it here.

Do a sign and trade with Chicago and package it with the #6 pick. Get our QB and don't look back.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: