News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A well respected DC just became available

Started by MightyGiants, January 24, 2024, 03:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on January 24, 2024, 03:38:31 PMEagles

There was a time when the Giants would have no problem swooping in and getting him for themselves.  I don't think that's possible anymore.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Why would the Dolphins let him go if he's so good?

babywhales

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 24, 2024, 05:01:15 PMWhy would the Dolphins let him go if he's so good?
Good coaches move around all the time

We hear the same thing about players too

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

DaveBrown74

Quote from: babywhales on January 24, 2024, 05:11:46 PMGood coaches move around all the time

We hear the same thing about players too

Yes, although I would say it's a bit different when good players move around, as players are under the cap and often times decide they just can't afford them anymore (see Tyreek Hill). It's not like the Chiefs didn't want Hill on the team anymore. With a coach, you don't have that dynamic. There is no obvious reason for the Dolphins to let Fangio walk if they were 100% happy with the job he was doing. Either they didn't like something about his approach or the results, or he had some sort of internal political issue.

I'm not saying the Giants shouldn't be interested. In fact I think they should be. I'm just curious what the reason was for the parting of ways with the Dolphins. There had to be a reason. They all didn't just wake up one day and decide to end the relationship just because.

killarich

If they really mutually parted ways just so he could be closer to his family in PA ... that is a classy move from Miami

DaveBrown74

Quote from: killarich on January 24, 2024, 07:54:27 PMIf they really mutually parted ways just so he could be closer to his family in PA ... that is a classy move from Miami

Fangio seems more like a Sirriani type guy than a McDaniel type guy.

Ed Vette

Quote from: killarich on January 24, 2024, 07:54:27 PMIf they really mutually parted ways just so he could be closer to his family in PA ... that is a classy move from Miami
🤔
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Stringer Bell

I find it funny that Fangio is "well respected" and yet Daboll and co. have credibility issues, etc., when there are all the same reports about Fangio and stressed player relationships that people are using to smear the Giants coaches.

Can't have it both ways.