News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Louis Riddick nails what makes Dan Campbell a successful HC

Started by MightyGiants, January 25, 2024, 02:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Louis Riddick
@LRiddickESPN
Dan Campbell never called plays, isn't some QB guru, and most of you laughed at him and didn't take him serious AT ALL after his opening press conference . But he is a great leader and teacher of both coaches and players, and motivator and tactician with a great eye for football players and a great philosophy as to how the game should be played in all three phases. Any owner would want him to coach their team. Now...people can't say enough good stuff about him, as if they knew it would happen all along, but they were the same ones laughing at him when he was hired. And he will lose his off. coordinator very soon/in the near future. Think he or the Ford family or the city of Detroit cares? They are in the NFC TITLE game. Miss me with all this "he has to be a QB guru/play caller/blah blah talk."
1:12 PM · Jan 25, 2024
·
 Views

https://x.com/LRiddickESPN/status/1750582522621124676?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Fair play to him - IIRC he interviewed with the Lions for the GM job that went to Holmes and then hired Campbell.

Campbell is a good leader.

Trench

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on January 25, 2024, 07:24:39 PMFair play to him - IIRC he interviewed with the Lions for the GM job that went to Holmes and then hired Campbell.

Campbell is a good leader.

He comes across on the tv screen as competent, prepared and certain. Even when something doesn't go right his body language is somewhat positive. For a coach it's an it factor that pops on the screen. 

TDToomer

Quote from: Trench on January 25, 2024, 07:54:13 PMHe comes across on the tv screen as competent, prepared and certain. Even when something doesn't go right his body language is somewhat positive. For a coach it's an it factor that pops on the screen. 

So the exact opposite of Gettleman who sounded like a bufoon.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs