News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I wonder if Bill Belichick would be willing to take a consulting job with NYG

Started by MightyGiants, January 26, 2024, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 26, 2024, 10:09:42 AMIt seems pretty clear Brian Daboll has some rough edges that need polishing.  Who better to help Brian Daboll take his coaching game to the next level than Bill Belichick?   Bill has the gravitas that I think Brian would heed his advice, and Bill certainly has a lot to offer.  Plus, if the Giants hire a less experienced DC, Bill would certainly be a good resource for that coach as well.

From Bill's perspective I would think a less demanding consulting job would be a better option than simply sitting out a year in the NFL and hoping he gets a HC job next year (when he is even older).

Agreed and it would not keep him form a broadcasting contract either

Actually the better option would be replace Daboll with Lil Bill and make Schoen an assistant GM.

In 3-4 years when Bill retires and we add another trophy, Schoen could resume his GM position and pick a HC who he has not dragged with him from Buffalo
The land of "WIDE RIGHT", numerous SB appearances and no hardware.

Didnt we nearly beat Buffalo this year with our ragtag team?  You would think they would learn to aim left a bit with that wind
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Painter

According to reports, Belichick is no fan of John Mara (and his FO nephew, Tim McDonnell) and how they have been running the team. As he was a big fan of Wellington Mara, it seems to be rather personal. 

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Painter on January 28, 2024, 03:31:06 PMAccording to reports, Belichick is no fan of John Mara (and FO nephew, Tim McDonnell) and how they have been running the team. As he was a big fan of Wellington Mara, it seems to be rather personal. 
The more that comes out about Johnny, the more I wish he would sell his half to Tish, move on and take all his kin with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

kartanoman

Quote from: kartanoman on January 26, 2024, 10:16:46 AMI agree with you, Rich @MightyGiants . I wouldn't want to see any other relationship, in the current state, with Belichick and the Giants, as being his consulting Brian Daboll and sharing Lessons Learned with Joe Schoen from his illustrious career. In that regard, I could actually see him putting wisdom on both of them at a time when they probably need to take a step back and evaluate the perception of their roles now versus when they first started and where they need to go from here. Belichick has seen it and done it all. His experience with Cleveland, in the 1990s, might be helpful since Belichick did that all on his own without Parcells. Everything else in his career had Parcells' fingerprints all over it which helped jump-start him in each of his other roles.

Peace!

Rich @MightyGiants ,

After reading Greg Gabriel's article you posted earlier, I retract my opinion above.

There is no way in hell :smoking: that Belichick will ever have anything to do with the Giants, present day-forward.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)