News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Jon Feliciano

Started by Brooklyn Dave, January 28, 2024, 10:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooklyn Dave

He wasn't good enough to be an OL on the Giants but he is good enough to be the starting guard on a team going to The Super Bowl. " Something is rotten in the State Of Denmark " !!!

Giant Obsession

Obviously, our former OL coach and his buddy, Head Coach "we need a spark" have much more than a tad bit of trouble in evaluating talent.

Among other deficiencies.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

TDToomer

Don't forget Kevin Zeitler who made it to the AFC Championship game.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: TDToomer on January 28, 2024, 10:51:41 PMDon't forget Kevin Zeitler who made it to the AFC Championship game.

I wasa going to add Zeitler but I thought it was a money issue and cap space . Am I wrong ?

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on January 29, 2024, 02:25:57 AMI wasa going to add Zeitler but I thought it was a money issue and cap space . Am I wrong ?
You're not. They wanted to sign Rudolph and cut KZ to make way (I think).

Ed Vette

Insert Feliciano at LG and Zeitler at RG and JMS at center. With Phillips at RT, they might have had something there. Mix in Hernandez and maybe don't draft a Center. Makes me wonder if Neal, Bredeson, Ezeudu, and Golinski are worth salvaging with this new Oline Coach.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 29, 2024, 06:28:34 AMInsert Feliciano at LG and Zeitler at RG and JMS at center. With Phillips at RT, they might have had something there. Mix in Hernandez and maybe don't draft a Center. Makes me wonder if Neal, Bredeson, Ezeudu, and Golinski are worth salvaging with this new Oline Coach.

I think it's worth trying that for next  season. Too many resources have been pumped into the Line just to give up and start over. Plus there are so many holes elsewhere.

Hadron

They've gotta figure something out with the current batch of players. Thomas, JMS, and Neal need to be productive starters.

If Neal doesn't work at RT, push him inside and let him play in the proverbial phone booth. DJ Fluker, Robert Gallery, Ereck Flowers, and many other failed OTs have made a career of it at guard.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on January 28, 2024, 10:15:48 PMHe wasn't good enough to be an OL on the Giants but he is good enough to be the starting guard on a team going to The Super Bowl. " Something is rotten in the State Of Denmark " !!!

Feliciano finally got out from under Bobby Johnson's coaching.  Notice a difference?

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

He did give up one ugly sack.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Hadron on January 29, 2024, 08:46:57 AMThey've gotta figure something out with the current batch of players. Thomas, JMS, and Neal need to be productive starters.

If Neal doesn't work at RT, push him inside and let him play in the proverbial phone booth. DJ Fluker, Robert Gallery, Ereck Flowers, and many other failed OTs have made a career of it at guard.

Right now, Schoen has invested a ton of draft capital in the offensive line (while inheriting an elite but injury-prone LT) with nothing to show for it.   Hopefully, the new offensive line coach can turn this mess around. Otherwise, Schoen isn't looking much better than Gettleman in terms of fixing the Giant's biggest and most vexing problem lasting around 15 years already.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Our issue is the coaches. It's obvious these players did well in different situations. Yet our line allows RB to consistently be hit in the backfield. I believe our line is clueless to stunts and adjustments and that is coaching.

Giantleap56

Quote from: Trench on January 29, 2024, 10:10:20 AMOur issue is the coaches. It's obvious these players did well in different situations. Yet our line allows RB to consistently be hit in the backfield. I believe our line is clueless to stunts and adjustments and that is coaching.

I 100% agree with you. I have said this in the past that OL coach and OC have a disconnect and they are not able to get on the same page. The level of execution has been terrible for many years now. I am almost sure once Neal is let go from the Giants he will become a high level player. Execution begins with coaching.

Giantleap56

I hated losing Feliciano. I thought he was that player with an edge that helped other OL find their inner nastiness. All year the Giants OL lacked that grit and toughness to impose their will on opposing defenses.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Giantleap56 on January 29, 2024, 11:09:04 AMI hated losing Feliciano. I thought he was that player with an edge that helped other OL find their inner nastiness. All year the Giants OL lacked that grit and toughness to impose their will on opposing defenses.

Kinda like Chriss Snee