News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Have you ever witnessed a meltdown like the one Zay Flowers had?

Started by MightyGiants, January 29, 2024, 12:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

At least in the playoffs.  Zay (I know many fans wanted the Giants to draft him) was a key player in keeping the Ravens in the game. Then he got the taunting penalty, followed by the killer fumble, followed by hurting his hand and punching the bench (it seemed like OBJ took over after that).   I can't recall a player going from near the top of his game to utterly losing it all the span of like 10 minutes

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2024/01/28/zay-flowers-and-the-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-day/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

ALl I know is OBJ looked like a slow old man out there yesterday

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

He looked like a damned fool with that taunting and, as if karma struck him down, was paid back 100 times over with the penalty, fumble on the one-yard line and the tantrum resulting in his cut hand.

But he was, by no means, the only fool out there for the Ravens. What a collective group of undisciplined players out there who looked completely owned by the Chiefs all day. Completely outclassed in every aspect of the game.

For all the compliments I've given the Ravens on the quality of their drafting, I have to give Harbaugh a scathing review after that performance. Just disgraceful and not something I'm used to seeing out of his teams.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

jgrangers2

The crazy thing is he was basically their offense yesterday and his game will be defined by those two plays

MightyGiants

Quote from: kartanoman on January 29, 2024, 12:19:18 PMHe looked like a damned fool with that taunting and, as if karma struck him down, was paid back 100 times over with the penalty, fumble on the one-yard line and the tantrum resulting in his cut hand.

But he was, by no means, the only fool out there for the Ravens. What a collective group of undisciplined players out there who looked completely owned by the Chiefs all day. Completely outclassed in every aspect of the game.

For all the compliments I've given the Ravens on the quality of their drafting, I have to give Harbaugh a scathing review after that performance. Just disgraceful and not something I'm used to seeing out of his teams.

Peace!

Composure matters in the big games.  The sort of composure that usually comes from experience and/or quality veteran leadership.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

It really shows very poorly on Harbaugh to have his team so panicked and out of control. Granted, he's been a top-notch coach for years (Super Bowl champ) but it was glaringly obvious he came up small yesterday.

I feel with the media harping on Lamar's legacy all week, Harbaugh forgot his team's identity; he should have stayed confident with what worked. But he didn't, and gave Jackson a star turn, which the Chiefs countered easily.

And they wilted to the KC mystique  with no adjustment or poise. That is all on Harbaugh.  :yes:

Philosophers

The Ravens got more production out of Flowers than the Giants did with Hyatt.  I think that is more on the Giants than Hyatt.

bldevil

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 29, 2024, 12:27:51 PMComposure matters in the big games.  The sort of composure that usually comes from experience and/or quality veteran leadership.
They didn't play well when things didn't go their way.  Good example of how a truly battle-tested team (like the last two NYG SB teams) knows not to do stupid things at the wrong moments.

Three other brain farts from the Ravens.  First, the stupid head butt personal foul.  Second, the receiver on the interception putting his hand up (I'm wide open) when he was nowhere near open, with Jackson then underthrowing the ball leading to the INT in the end zone.  And another of the same, speaking of Beckham, who puts his hand up when he has all of 1/4 step on the CB.  Just dumb stuff that a high school head coach would get annoyed by.

And Jackson tossing his helmet...not a great sign of leadership there on the sideline.
"17-14 fellas.  One touchdown and we are world champions.  Believe it and it will happen!  17-14 is the final.  Let's go!"  Michael Strahan, with 2:39 remaining in SB42.

kartanoman

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)