News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

This is the Pro Bowl

Started by TDToomer, February 04, 2024, 03:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

I'm just curiously watching what looks like a game you played during your lunch recess where everyone just run around like chickens without its head.  =)) There's gotta be a better way.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

It use to matter as prize money for the winning team. Jim Brown's last game  was the Pro Bowl (MVP) in which salaries were so low..it was real competition. Now..just a marketing gimmick.

Giant Obsession

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Bill Brown

If you just signed a multi million dollar contract, would you risk that by going out and playing a real nfl pro bowl game?  I think not.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

TDToomer

Quote from: Giant Obsession on February 04, 2024, 10:46:11 PMPlayed a week AFTER the Greatest Game Ever Played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGyEiORFqLo&t=830s

It is amazing how much slower the game was back then. Even the grainy footage from the 70's is hard to watch. The pace is so slow. Yesterday I tried watching a Giants - Oilers game from 73 and 2/3 of the video were the players slow walking between plays. Was the play clock longer then? You never see players just take their time to get to the sidelines in todays game. Everyone hurries off the field. As for the game every play was either run up the middle, run to the left tackle, run to the right tackle and every pass longer than 2 yards was incomplete. I had to turn it off after 15 minutes.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs