News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hypothetical trade

Started by LennG, February 04, 2024, 08:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I was reading, I believe it was Bleacher Report about a trade that might benefit both teams.
How about swapping Daniel Jones for Kyler Murray. From what I read they are both making about the same money with Murray making a bit more. Both have had disappointing careers with their present teams and maybe a fresh start with new teams might work.
Hey it's that time of the year where we can dream.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

I don't think their contracts are anywhere near the same

"Murray signed a five-year, $230.5 million contract extension that runs through 2028. Murray is due a fully guaranteed $35.3 million salary next season, and he'll get another $11.9 million for 2025 if he's on the roster on March 17, 2024.

"The Giants signed Jones to a four-year, $160 million contract. They signed Jones through 2026 with $82 million fully guaranteed and up to an additional $35 million available in incentives"

Broken down into annual salary, I think Murray makes about twice as much as DJ. Besides, 5'10" Murray is a headcase with an attitude problem, and 6'5" DJ is one of the most diligent company men in the business who will never rock the boat

I can't see Schoen making that deal, even if Murray didn't have a crappy attitude

It appears Murray is due $51,857,000, but I don't truly understand cap hits
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

spiderblue43

Both have come up small..especially in Kyler's case.  =))

H-Town G-Fan

The Giants are trying to get out of the QB contact, not dive into a longer one.

Painter

The whole idea of it makes no sense to me. For beginners both teams would have to see such a change to be to their advantage in order to be in any way interested. That hardly seems likely.  The Giants would be worse of economically, no?

In the five seasons since they were drafted in 2019, Murray No.1 overall and Jones 6th, each have had just one winning season while their teams otherwise have had losing records and indeed share the same number of loses. And neither of them has proven to be durable, in fact in the past 2 seasons Murray actually missed 3 more regular season games than did Jones.

So, is the rationale that both QBs and their teams would somehow benefit from a change of scenery? I'm not so sure about that given that Jones has an established strong work ethic whereas the opposite seems to be true of Murray. Some might say that the guy Giants would be trading for might be the bigger bust of the two. Even so, unlike Giants fans, I don't see Cardinals fans to be quite so ready to give up on Murray this year when they have 6 picks in the top-90,    two 1st, a 2nd and three 3rds 13 picks in total.

Cheers!

President Rick

I'll take Tyrod over murray.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.