News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Super Bowl Commercials

Started by Philosophers, February 11, 2024, 07:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Loved that Dunkin Donuts commercial.  Matt Damon was priceless.

EDjohnst1981

TDToomer

As a child of the 80's I just LOL at the Mr. T/Romo Sketchers commericial.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

T200

"Like a good neighbah..."  :laugh:  :laugh:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on February 12, 2024, 08:20:57 AM"Like a good neighbah..."  :laugh:  :laugh:

I'm with you Tim I thought that was the best of the night.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

kartanoman

Good call on Mr. T and Aaaanold! I also flipped over to the Puppy Bowl where their commercials were pretty silly. They had a retro Pontiac Commercial with a family of Golden Retrievers, the puppy in the back all buckled in while listening to baby puppy songs. The songs end, the puppy whines, mama restarts the songs, baby pup all happy slappy again, cut to the tag: Pontiac - puppy tested, puppy approved.

The levels on insanity they all go through to come up with this stuff! Crazy but sometimes they do hit a ringer!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

spiderblue43

I liked the BMW Christopher Walken one where everyone..you know.. has..a.. Walkin . impression. =D>

T200

Quote from: spiderblue43 on February 12, 2024, 11:49:27 AMI liked the BMW Christopher Walken one where everyone..you know.. has..a.. Walkin . impression. =D>

Yeah, that was a very good one also!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

I also loved the VW commercial. Brought bak some great memories of riding all over Europe in one of those bugs. Good times, yeah, and a great ad.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

I thought the commercials were pretty bad overall, myself. They used to be a lot more clever and amusing IMHO. There were also way too many annoying ads for dumb-looking CBS shows. There must have been 20-30 of those types of ads.

I also found the Jesus ads a little creepy, and I'm a Christian. We're advertising religion on the Super Bowl now? Seems at best bizarre if not inappropriate.

LennG

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 12, 2024, 05:01:33 PMI thought the commercials were pretty bad overall, myself. They used to be a lot more clever and amusing IMHO. There were also way too many annoying ads for dumb-looking CBS shows. There must have been 20-30 of those types of ads.

I also found the Jesus ads a little creepy, and I'm a Christian. We're advertising religion on the Super Bowl now? Seems at best bizarre if not inappropriate.

Dave

What about the ad for Kennedy? He is about as creepy as they come.

Charlie Weiss

President Rick

as always, horses and dogs...Budweiser's ad was so-so, but the animals are GREAT.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

LennG

My wife who NEVER, EVER  watches a football game, decided yesterday was the day to start. (She was only interested in the commercials. So I asked her which one she liked the best--The Hellman's Mayo commercial with the 'talking' cat.

Charlie Weiss

spiderblue43

Back in the day in NYC..I was fascinated by Walken..started doing impressions of him in publc..you know.

And people..how peculiar..started reciting movie dialogue of him hearing me. Cult of Walken is so New York.

squibber

Quote from: LennG on February 12, 2024, 08:21:18 PMMy wife who NEVER, EVER  watches a football game, decided yesterday was the day to start. (She was only interested in the commercials. So I asked her which one she liked the best--The Hellman's Mayo commercial with the 'talking' cat.

I heard they asked the cat who the new head coach of the Patriots is. The cat got it right! 😆