News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Any of these free agent QBs interest you?

Started by MightyGiants, February 14, 2024, 09:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ralphpal1

Winston wont be scared to fling the ball around
What happens next

Jclayton92

Mayfield, Brissett, and Minshew would all be acceptable signings if they don't plan to draft a guy.

uconnjack8

Interest as a backup?  Sure.  As a starter, not one of them.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 14, 2024, 11:03:29 AMMayfield, Brissett, and Minshew would all be acceptable signings if they don't plan to draft a guy.

Of those three, Brissett seems like the one most likely to make it too free agency (I see the other two being re-signed)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

Brissett would be a good choice for a backup/contingency plan. They are clearly going to sign one with Jones' issues and readiness.

Still think a give DJ more to work with concept is alive with the brass. When ready..like it or not..he'll be the starter.  ;)

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 14, 2024, 11:09:04 AMOf those three, Brissett seems like the one most likely to make it too free agency (I see the other two being re-signed)
The last time Brissett played an extensive stretch he played like a top 10 qb.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 14, 2024, 12:41:36 PMThe last time Brissett played an extensive stretch he played like a top 10 qb.

When was that?  He started 11 games in 2022 ( I consider that extensive) and was OK.

Jclayton92

Quote from: uconnjack8 on February 14, 2024, 01:44:26 PMWhen was that?  He started 11 games in 2022 ( I consider that extensive) and was OK.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawgsbynature.com/platform/amp/2022/11/5/23441759/jacoby-brissett-pff-browns-top-10

During the time Watson was suspended Brissett put up solid numbers in Cleveland in the 11 games and graded out as a top 8-10 qb. Over a full season he would have had 4000 yards 20 tds and 10 int. Think we'd all sign up for production like that right now from the qb. Last time we had a 4,000 yard passer was 2014 I think.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: spiderblue43 on February 14, 2024, 11:37:29 AMBrissett would be a good choice for a backup/contingency plan. They are clearly going to sign one with Jones' issues and readiness.

Still think a give DJ more to work with concept is alive with the brass. When ready..like it or not..he'll be the starter.  ;)

He probably will cost too much . If we are going to spend a decent amnount of money on a back J would rather spend it on Barkley or McKinney

BluesCruz

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: BluesCruz on February 15, 2024, 08:32:48 AMMinshew

Flacco

Mayfield

Mayfield will be back at Tampa Bay and if not he could probably start for us

DaveBrown74

Not really, since none of them are our QB of the future. They're all placeholders.