News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Excellent scouting videos and some of the top QB prospects

Started by MightyGiants, February 17, 2024, 08:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I mentioned in the other thread that I watch a lot of scouting videos.  I like these videos as the person scouting the QB sounds like he knows what he is talking about, plus he puts up a ton of plays, both good and bad.  He doesn't have all the top QBs done yet, but here are the ones he has to date (I will post the others as they become available).  They are about 20 minutes each, and I like to bump up the playback speed to 1.25 to save a bit of time

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ralphpal1

Thanks..good catch and great for sharing
I wonder how someone becomes a scout

MightyGiants

Quote from: ralphpal1 on February 17, 2024, 09:30:02 AMThanks..good catch and great for sharing
I wonder how someone becomes a scout

From what I have seen, NFL scouts tend to join teams at a lower level than scouting and work their way up.  Often, they have the background of coaching high school (or low-level college ball) or at least playing.  Most of these hires are done through networking rather than a competitive interview process.

There is a program called the scouting academy that one can attend.  That may help a person get a foot in the door for NFL scouting.  However, teams may consider scouting training a negative since they like to train their scouts in their scouting process.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE