News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Joe Schoen VS Dave Gettleman DRAFT picks and FA moves

Started by brownelvis54, February 18, 2024, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

I still have faith in Joe Schoen. Way too early to judge Joe on his picks, but I can't help but notice our best players are Gettlemans picks. Thomas, Lawrence, McKinney and Barkley. I do like Joes pick of Banks, JMS and KT. As of now the only 2 players I'm not that high on yet are Ezeudu and Neal.

Dave Gettleman is "thrilled" by the success of his draft picks

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-giants/former-giants-gm-dave-gettleman-speaks-out-on-his-draft-picks-succeeding-after-his-retirement/

The KING is in the building

brownelvis54

As far as FA moves...I like what Joe has done Isaiah Simmons for a 7th rounder, Waller for a 3rd, and sell Leo for a 2nd......and dealing with the CAP, he has done well. Gettlemans FA pick ups....help me out, I cant think of any I really liked

brownelvis54

4 Aces

The ship is taking on water with public opinion, but I can tell you the feeling inside the building is progress has been made on the O. They need a QB, #1 WR and 2 G's. Lots to do but not some impossible task either. Some free agency money, the #6 and 2 2nd rounders.

They like the defensive core. Dex/Thibs up front, Okereke at MLB and Banks/McKinney in the D-backfield. Studs at all 3 levels. Solid foundation. They are working on McK now.

Things have swung overly negative after a disastrous year, which is understandable but not the feeling upstairs. Keep sawing wood, and nail that shopping list.

brownelvis54

Quote from: 4 Aces on February 18, 2024, 09:07:27 PMThe ship is taking on water with public opinion, but I can tell you the feeling inside the building is progress has been made on the O. They need a QB, #1 WR and 2 G's. Lots to do but not some impossible task either. Some free agency money, the #6 and 2 2nd rounders.

They like the defensive core. Dex/Thibs up front, Okereke at MLB and Banks/McKinney in the D-backfield. Studs at all 3 levels. Solid foundation. They are working on McK now.

Things have swung overly negative after a disastrous year, which is understandable but not the feeling upstairs. Keep sawing wood, and nail that shopping list.

I agree about our defensive core. I don't think Schoen is the issue. I'm more concerned about Daboll. And to add to your list we need an answer to QB, also #1 WR, two guards, like you said, but we also need a RB and a TE, and a swing Tackle. Add those positions up and that's is 7 players and that is how many draft pick we have. Has there ever been a team to use all their draft picks on offense?

4 Aces

The RB, blocking TE and swing OT should be able to be filled in the bargain bin.

The big ticket items are the 4 mentioned. This is coming from a good source....We'll see!

nb587

Gettleman talking about his draft success is probably the very definition of chutzpah (nerve).  For what this is worth, although I like Barkley and would be happy if he was here going forward at a reasonable market CAP hit.  But, Gettleman considering him a success is a huge part of why he was worse than an incompetent GM.

I don't remember where I read this but I read somewhere that if a team drafts the wrong QB with a 1st round pick, it sets back the franchise 5 years to recover.  Whatever Schoen has done wrong to date, pales by comparison to the damage that Gettleman did if only with the Jones pick.

Hadron