News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Surprise Rumor - Vikings tried to jump the Giants to take Nabers...not JJ

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 28, 2024, 11:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 30, 2024, 09:45:19 AMThe Giants have been run the same way for decades.  The GM is the ultimate decider, but the owner shares his views and opinions.  Frankly, considering that Mara grew up on Giants football, that doesn't seem like the worst thing.   The man learned football from greats like George Young, Bill Parcells, and Tom Coughlin.  It's not like he is some wealthy stockbroker who thinks his financial savvy easily translates to the football world.

I have heard people in the know fault Mara's loyalty, and I don't disagree.  Ronnie Barnes is the poster boy for people the team has kept past their sell-by-data.   Still, I hear far more unfair and unfounded criticism, in terms of conspiracy theories (I am not a fan of conspiracy theories), than he deserves.
I didn't like the Yankees owner as a person. But I liked the results. I'm a fan. All I want from the owner of the team I root for is results. Im not nor never will be his friend.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jgrangers2

I'm buying this as much as I'm buying the idea that the Giants tried to trade up to 3 for Joe Alt. In other words, I'm not buying it at all

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on April 30, 2024, 11:46:02 AMI thought I read here that our offer was 2025 1st and #47 & 107.

That was the report, which may have been inaccurate. 

If Breer's report is accurate (and his reputation suggests that's likely), the Giants didn't exactly go all out in an effort to secure Maye.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

@Rosehill Jimmy

Here is another report citing the same offer

QuoteA source said the New York Giants had offered the No. 6 overall pick and their 2025 first-round pick, while the Vikings were ultimately willing to part with No. 11 and No. 23, along with a 2025 first-rounder, in exchange for the third pick and two mid-round selections from New England.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40052147/how-new-england-patriots-decided-qb-drake-maye-future-no-3-2024-nfl-draft
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE