News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Any interest in these free agent O-linemen?

Started by MightyGiants, February 19, 2024, 02:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

londonblue

The Giants will already pretty much know which cuts they will make and which contracts they plan to rework as priority to expand cap space. They will have some feel for how far they are prepared to go with McKinney.

Ignoring QB and assuming for now we keep McKinney the areas of biggest need are IOL, swing/RT, WR1, Edge 2, DE and CB2. I suspect FA will focus more on the O and the draft beyond R1 (QB or WR) more on the D needs.

They should calculate that they can get two veteran and complementary RB for less than paid Saquon last year. Onwenu and Eluemunor will certainly be on our OL shortlist given the relationship with Bricillo but money talks. Will OL be our #1 FA resource priority? Quite likely but we will know soon.

Day 2 in the draft might be D heavy.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on February 20, 2024, 10:29:36 PMI just wonder how many teams need a guard as badly as the Giants do that they'd engage in a bidding war.  Giants are pretty far under the cap if my memory is correct.  I just feel like OL is where they need to invest in free agency.  No backups.  A tier 1 player.

Since the Giants suck again, they will have to pay the "my team sucks" surcharge for free agents they sign.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rosehill Jimmy

The Athletic has top 150 FAs as seen by Mueller. Since it's behind paywall, listed are top OL and overall rank

Lloyd Cushenberry (15), Kevin Dobson (17), Jon Runyon (19), Jason Kelce (21), J Eleumunor (26), John Simpson (28), Tyron Smith (33), Kevin Zeitler(44), Robert Hunt(52), Mike Onwenu(53), Andrus Peat(55), Coleman Skelton (57), Isaiah Wynn(58), Jonah Jackson (62), Chris Hubbard(63), Tyler Biadasz(75), Suo Opeta(78),Ezra Cleveland (83), Andre James (87),Saahdiq Charles (90), Mekhi Becton(92), Aaron Brewer (95), Jonah Williams (96),Cornelius Lucas(101), Yosh Nijman(109), George Fant(112), Damien Lewis(115),Connor Williams (116),Dalton Risner(125)
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"