News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's talk about Jayden Daniels

Started by Jclayton92, February 21, 2024, 06:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Quote from: sxdxca38 on February 25, 2024, 12:29:20 PMReally? I would love that to be true. May I ask, do you have a link or a source that you could share?

Thanks
Theyve discussed it at nauseum on talk radio, and on youtube plus I'm sure if you Google it you'll find a ton of articles on why the organization is considering it and what they could net in return etc

sxdxca38

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 25, 2024, 01:37:44 PMTheyve discussed it at nauseum on talk radio, and on youtube plus I'm sure if you Google it you'll find a ton of articles on why the organization is considering it and what they could net in return etc

This may be of some interest to you, but I found this video a few days ago of Greeny from Get-Up who was attempting to postulate that New England will trade the #3 pick to the Giants, so that the GMEN will be able to draft their franchise QB Drake Maye.

However, that idea was quickly shot down by Louis Riddick and Bart Scott, as all three sports analysts said there is no way New England passes on drafting a franchise QB.

I'm sure this is what Greeny would like to have happen, but I agree with the analysts, that it is more like a fantasy than reality.

However, we will have to see how it all transpires on draft day.

link down below, and the discussion starts at the 5:50 mark

Jclayton92

Quote from: sxdxca38 on February 25, 2024, 07:19:42 PMThis may be of some interest to you, but I found this video a few days ago of Greeny from Get-Up who was attempting to postulate that New England will trade the #3 pick to the Giants, so that the GMEN will be able to draft their franchise QB Drake Maye.

However, that idea was quickly shot down by Louis Riddick and Bart Scott, as all three sports analysts said there is no way New England passes on drafting a franchise QB.

I'm sure this is what Greeny would like to have happen, but I agree with the analysts, that it is more like a fantasy than reality.

However, we will have to see how it all transpires on draft day.

link down below, and the discussion starts at the 5:50 mark

You have to consider who the GM and Head coach are before just assuming it is a fantasy that they dont take a qb. Elliot wolf's father ran the Packers fir forever as a guy that built the team first and then drafted and developed the Qb over time. The entire time Mayo played they developed the team and developed the Qb ie Tom Brady. But sure just assume that two guys who have been around building a team a certain way their entire professional careers would do the opposite. Coaches and gms that immediately get hired to a team want to hit a guaranteed home run ala Harrison Jr or a trade down accumulating a ton of capital for their first draft pick.

The information out there among all analysts wouldn't be there if the patriots weren't putting feelers out there to see what they could get period. So to call it fantasy based off something Louis Riddick says is pretty laughable.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 25, 2024, 07:33:21 PMYou have to consider who the GM and Head coach are before just assuming it is a fantasy that they dont take a qb. Elliot wolf's father ran the Packers fir forever as a guy that built the team first and then drafted and developed the Qb over time. The entire time Mayo played they developed the team and developed the Qb ie Tom Brady. But sure just assume that two guys who have been around building a team a certain way their entire professional careers would do the opposite. Coaches and gms that immediately get hired to a team want to hit a guaranteed home run ala Harrison Jr or a trade down accumulating a ton of capital for their first draft pick.

The information out there among all analysts wouldn't be there if the patriots weren't putting feelers out there to see what they could get period. So to call it fantasy based off something Louis Riddick says is pretty laughable.

Hi,

There is no reason to call someone's opinion as laughable, because it attempts to put the other person's opinion down.

Maybe you have heard and read that the Patriots are calling around to see what they could net in return for the #3 overall pick, but it may not be realistic for the Giants to trade up with them if they don't move out of that spot, that's all I'm saying.

However, as I said in my previous post, "we will have to see how it all transpires on draft day", as no one knows for sure.

I'm now going to relax for the evening.

Painter

For starters, I wouldn't suggest that Jayden Daniels is likely to be available to the Giants at 6. Should he be, however, the decision might be an easier one assuming: a) Schoen & Co will already have decided that Daniel Jones will not be the Giants QB in 2025. b) Daniels is viewed as Daniel's worthy and suitable successor.

However, I think it more reasonable to assume that the Giants would likely have to trade their No.6 plus several 2nd Day Draft picks, this year and next, for New England's No.3 pick to ensure that they can get Daniels if he's who they want. I understand that Daniel Jeremiah has suggested it could take both of the Giants 2nd Rounders this year as well as next years. To give that some perspective, it would be almost identical to what it cost the Jets (picks 37 and 49 in 2018, and 36 in 2019) to trade up from 6 to 3 to get Sam Darnold. No comment!

Except perhaps as a reminder that during the past decade, the most generous success rate applied to QBs taken within the first 6 picks is a mere 44.4%. It is interesting, however, that while only 7 QBs have taken been drafted with picks 3 through 6 during those 10 years, as many as 5 may be viewed as successful. Whether we see that as consolation rather than curiosity is of no real consequence, I wouldn't imagine.

Whether to trade up for Jayden Daniels or trust that he ends up lap dancing at 6, is there a meaningful option but to wait and see what happens in FA, the Trade Market, the Underwear Olympics and Pro Days? That would allows to complete our data mining and so begin to weigh the merits of going all in for a QB versus adding an elite X-Receiver while constructing an Oline which is not as feckless as last year's. In any event, it should come down to whatever tickles our gonads short of actively rooting against Daniel Jones should we worry that they might not have already decided that future lies elsewhere.

Cheers!

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 25, 2024, 10:21:26 AMBob,

The college strength and conditioning programs are on par with the NFL (at least in the major programs).  I think it's somewhat of a myth that players will be able to add substantial weight when they get to the NFL.  I think if the prospect is younger (20 or 21), there is still some room to grow, but if you got a man 22 or older, I think the potential to put on more weight (especially without sacrificing speed and agility) is limited. 

Rich: There's a big difference (for most players) between attending college and taking serious the job of playing football for a living.  There's no spring break, no summer off, no any-time off.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Jayden Daniels Has The Tools To Be A Higher-Level NFL Quarterback
VIDEO 2/26/24

Greg Cosell highlights how Jayden Daniels has shown improvement every season and how he has higher-level QB potential.

Video at link

https://www.the33rdteam.com/jayden-daniels-has-the-tools-to-be-a-higher-level-nfl-quarterback/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE