News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Marvin Harrison Jr is not going to test

Started by MightyGiants, February 26, 2024, 09:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1762118440540672039?s=20

Marvin Harrison Jr.'s pre-draft plan is one to pay attention to. Ohio State's reigning Biletnikoff Award–winning receiver hasn't hired an agent. He also didn't engage in the pre-combine training that most other players do ahead of Indianapolis. And all signs show Harrison's plan is to continue working out in Columbus, Ohio with Buckeye strength and conditioning tycoon Mickey Marotti, among others, to prepare not to run a 40-yard dash, but play football in the fall.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/26/takeaways-harrison-draft-combine-free-agency-franchise-tag
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Calib Williams isn't throwing at the Combine but only at his Pro Day.

Why risk a bad showing when you're the top of your position. I assume that's their thinking.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 26, 2024, 09:27:47 AMCalib Williams isn't throwing at the Combine but only at his Pro Day.

Why risk a bad showing when you're the top of your position. I assume that's their thinking.

I agree

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 26, 2024, 09:27:47 AMCalib Williams isn't throwing at the Combine but only at his Pro Day.

The Combine is a challenging environment for QBs.  They are throwing to new WRs, and they are being told what to throw.  Personally, I give bonus points to highly rated quarterbacks with the stones to throw at the combine, but I don't deduct points for those who don't.  The Pro Days are far easier for a QB because they write the script of what to throw, and they hand-pick their receivers.

As for Harrison, I think it's fair to say he has already sealed the deal.  For him, the risk/reward benefit shows zero rewards (there are no numbers he can put up or workouts he can do that will boost him), while the risk involves injury and/or poor performance.

I will add that if Maye opts to participate and has a lights-out performance, it's possible he could edge out Caleb as QB 1.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 26, 2024, 09:34:12 AMThe Combine is a challenging environment for QBs.  They are throwing to new WRs, and they are being told what to throw.  Personally, I give bonus points to highly rated quarterbacks with the stones to throw at the combine, but I don't deduct points for those who don't.  The Pro Days are far easier for a QB because they write the script of what to throw, and they hand-pick their receivers.

As for Harrison, I think it's fair to say he has already sealed the deal.  For him, the risk/reward benefit shows zero rewards (there are no numbers he can put up or workouts he can do that will boost him), while the risk involves injury and/or poor performance.

I will add that if Maye opts to participate and has a lights-out performance, it's possible he could edge out Caleb as QB 1.
Well stated.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

If Daniels doesn't run the 40 or other drills, then take his weight with a grain of salt.  He will likely pack on the pounds so he doesn't appear underweight

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1761956717955293673?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

The combine is good for measurables and interviews, other than that grind the tape.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 26, 2024, 11:28:10 AMThe combine is good for measurables and interviews, other than that grind the tape.

Last year both CJ Stroud (his throwing) and Anthony Richardson (his measurables and test results) seemed to boost their stock at the Combine

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/football/ohio-state-buckeyes-cj-stroud-nfl-combine-throw-jaxon-smith-njgba-draft#:~:text=While%20Alabama's%20Bryce%20Young%20might,receivers%20throughout%20his%20throwing%20session.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

They are all jockeying to move up and be the next QB pick after Williams. What's the word on Maye?

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE