News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

My Ideal Situation

Started by Philosophers, February 26, 2024, 01:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Giants priority needs not in any order at QB, WR, and OL.

Their first 3 draft picks (one first and two seconds) are in good spots.  I see no reason we can't address all three positions early.  If we go QB at six, then either stay still in seconds or use to trade up into 1st to grab best WR or OL making sure they dont give up the other 2nd in the trade.  Instead offer up other collateral.  Use the other puck to address the last remaining hole of the three.

1st pick - with 6 they take one of four QBs.

2nd pick - trade up for say a Brian Thomas or Jackson Powers or hold 2nd rounder and take a Xavier Leggette or Tony Franklin.

3rd Pick - use third picks on say a Zak Zinter.

I see real value with holding these picks.  I see at least two day 1 starters with a QB learning from the bench for a bit.

Jclayton92

I'm with you Qb and a weapon, I just think they upgrade the line in FA and one of the 2nds is used for an immediate impact defensive starter.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on February 26, 2024, 01:04:03 PMGiants priority needs not in any order at QB, WR, and OL.

Their first 3 draft picks (one first and two seconds) are in good spots.  I see no reason we can't address all three positions early.  If we go QB at six, then either stay still in seconds or use to trade up into 1st to grab best WR or OL making sure they dont give up the other 2nd in the trade.  Instead offer up other collateral.  Use the other puck to address the last remaining hole of the three.

1st pick - with 6 they take one of four QBs.

2nd pick - trade up for say a Brian Thomas or Jackson Powers or hold 2nd rounder and take a Xavier Leggette or Tony Franklin.

3rd Pick - use third picks on say a Zak Zinter.

I see real value with holding these picks.  I see at least two day 1 starters with a QB learning from the bench for a bit.

I would argue that as it stands today, the Giants also have priority needs at CB, DT (3 tech), Edge, and RB.  The Giants might be able to reduce those needs by re-signing Barkley and Adoree Jackson, but those other needs are important as well.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 26, 2024, 01:15:12 PMI would argue that as it stands today, the Giants also have priority needs at CB, DT (3 tech), Edge, and RB.  The Giants might be able to reduce those needs by re-signing Barkley and Adoree Jackson, but those other needs are important as well.
I'd rather sign Mckinney and Jackson than Barkley and Jackson. Barkley is so injured so often we'd have to allocate double the resources. Plus I genuinely hope we pass on Breida this year. Really getting tired of the Giants RB room always being a retirement center or the dumpster for our special teams.

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 26, 2024, 01:15:12 PMI would argue that as it stands today, the Giants also have priority needs at CB, DT (3 tech), Edge, and RB.  The Giants might be able to reduce those needs by re-signing Barkley and Adoree Jackson, but those other needs are important as well.

I agree Rich but just think the greater need is offense which was clearly the worst unit.

I'd love an explosive RB later and a safety or CB like Mike Sainristil.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on February 26, 2024, 01:38:08 PMI agree Rich but just think the greater need is offense which was clearly the worst unit.

I'd love an explosive RB later and a safety or CB like Mike Sainristil.

Last season the offense was clearly the worst unit.  If the Giants don't fill the holes created, then the defense becomes the worst unit.  Ideally, they should be improving the bad unit without sacrificing other units.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 26, 2024, 01:42:12 PMLast season the offense was clearly the worst unit.  If the Giants don't fill the holes created, then the defense becomes the worst unit.  Ideally, they should be improving the bad unit without sacrificing other units.

There is no way the Giants defense in 2024 will be worse than the offense if defensive holes are not addressed.  The holes we have on offense are at such critical positions it is causing an entire breakdown of the unit.  If we don't fix ROT, we will see 80+ sacks again.  Nothing the defense does will be worse than that.