News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

No tag for Barkley

Started by MightyGiants, February 26, 2024, 02:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

He's a bargain for a contender probably. But..he is what he is..good back..good teammate..not the future. A whimsical choice that couldn't be jacket ready, touched from God.

:confused:

Ed Vette

If they can lock him up to a fair 3-year deal...
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

londonblue

SaGone Barkley, future Houston Texan.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

uconnjack8

No surprise on this.  I would think teams feel like those franchise tags are too high of a cap hit for a RB.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 26, 2024, 03:08:01 PMIf they can lock him up to a fair 3-year deal...

My definition of fair is no more than $6.5M/yr with performance incentives.  I don't want the aggregate to be more than $21M/10M guaranteed over the 3 years.  I'm comfortable taking our chance in the draft or securing a cheaper alternative.

I'm glad the Giants chose not to franchise him; it's unlikely he'll secure $12M/yr in this market. 

PSUBeirut

He was never going to be tagged again at that number.  No chance!

BluesCruz

Lets see what others want to offer him

Like Zeke I doubt he gets an offer acceptable to him

He will sign early next season by a RB hungry team.....I have no idea who would step up.  It wont be the Giants

He's a decent back, we need an exceptional one
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Stringer Bell

No tag for Pollard, Henry, or Ekeler either. I can guarantee you there's some collusion going on amongst owners - nothing formal, mind you, but more of a "we have a chance to get things under control with this position this offseason".

None of these guys are going to be happy when all is said and done. Maybe Jacobs. But I don't see anyone else getting the contract they think they deserve.

EliWasrobbed

Giants should match whatever he gets offered. If we get a new QB, it's essential he has Saquon to help the pressure.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

kingm56

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on February 26, 2024, 07:50:37 PMGiants should match whatever he gets offered. If we get a new QB, it's essential he has Saquon to help the pressure.

Because Barkley helped so much with the pressure over the last 3+years?  He's a below average pass protector and has demonstrated below average hands over the last few seasons; I simply don't under how the 27 year old Barkley negates pressure on a rookie QB.  The Giants will need guards and WRs to aid a rookie QB...

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: kingm56 on February 26, 2024, 09:55:01 PMBecause Barkley helped so much with the pressure over the last 3+years?  He's a below average pass protector and has demonstrated below average hands over the last few seasons; I simply don't under how the 27 year old Barkley negates pressure on a rookie QB.  The Giants will need guards and WRs to aid a rookie QB...

You underestimate just how awful Tommy and DJ were in regards to their responsiblity for pressures (dead last in tleague) as said by PFF. It is essential we keep him IF we get a rookie QB, you are trusting Eric Gray instead?

I am talking about schemes the defense has when playing against the Giants. No one was worried about DJ, they were worried avbout Saquon which affected his numbers. Give him a better QB like Drake or Daniels and the offense becomes a top 15 offesnse or so next year.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: londonblue on February 26, 2024, 03:22:47 PMSaGone Barkley, future Houston Texan.

How about a future Philadelphi Eagle or a future Washington Commander? How about a future Dallas Cowboy ?

EDjohnst1981

I think the no-tag is the right call.

I can't see him getting close to what was offered last year, especially considering who else is on the market.