News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Phill Simms and Matt Simms breaking down the top QBs

Started by MightyGiants, February 29, 2024, 08:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: Philosophers on March 06, 2024, 08:07:02 AMOne thing I like about JJ is that he leads his team and they rally and play for him.  I guarantee you if he takes a cheap shot, his teammates will go after the defensive player.  Not all QBs get that from their team because of the poor chemistry they have with them.  JJ will never blame others.  JJ is the first to lift up a player with positive encouragement if he messed up Teammates notice that and play harder for a QB who is like that.

Daniel Jones is so quiet and does not seem to lift his team up with words and encouragement as a leader.  He does not blame but he does not lead.
It's why the team responded and played so well for Cutlets.

Since this has become a push JJ Forum, I'll also say that Bo Nix also has the same characteristics and he didn't dodge his Bowl Game like a couple of the others to risk not getting hurt. He played for his teammates and to go out a winner. Just for balance. ;)
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 05, 2024, 09:39:04 PMLike I've said, the most NFL ready QB of this draft and the most underrated. Don't discount this man.

I agree with what SimmsX2 said.  He's probably the safest pick.  I don't think he will ever be an elite QB, but he will be a solid QB, the type you can win games with.   From all I hear, he might be someone the Giants could grab if they trade back into the tail end of round one.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 06, 2024, 08:18:54 AMI agree with what SimmsX2 said.  He's probably the safest pick.  I don't think he will ever be an elite QB, but he will be a solid QB, the type you can win games with.   From all I hear, he might be someone the Giants could grab if they trade back into the tail end of round one.
If they trade down, they can get Nix or Penix and Alt and Legette. Instant upgrade. Trade down and get another second and then trade up.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 06, 2024, 08:26:55 AMIf they trade down, they can get Nix or Penix and Alt and Legette. Instant upgrade. Trade down and get another second and then trade up.
I like Fuaga a lot.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 06, 2024, 08:13:21 AMIt's why the team responded and played so well for Cutlets.

Since this has become a push JJ Forum, I'll also say that Bo Nix also has the same characteristics and he didn't dodge his Bowl Game like a couple of the others to risk not getting hurt. He played for his teammates and to go out a winner. Just for balance. ;)

I am saying that as an observation Inhad watching so many Michigan games not because I am a Michigan or JJ fan.

I absolutely love Blake Corum as a Michigan fan but I don't want the Giants to draft him because he caught so few passes as opposed to Donovan Edwards who was used a lot as a pass catching RB.  Giants need a pass catching RB in addition to being a good rusher.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 06, 2024, 08:13:21 AMIt's why the team responded and played so well for Cutlets.

How about giving credit where credit is due?   The people you accused of pushing to make this a "JJ forum" knew what they were talking about in their assessments of the young, talented signal caller.  Everything we said would happen happened.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: Philosophers on March 06, 2024, 08:45:43 AMI am saying that as an observation Inhad watching so many Michigan games not because I am a Michigan or JJ fan.

I absolutely love Blake Corum as a Michigan fan but I don't want the Giants to draft him because he caught so few passes as opposed to Donovan Edwards who was used a lot as a pass catching RB.  Giants need a pass catching RB in addition to being a good rusher.
I jest... that's all.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

files58

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 06, 2024, 08:26:55 AMIf they trade down, they can get Nix or Penix and Alt and Legette. Instant upgrade. Trade down and get another second and then trade up.

I don't want Penix. It's the age thing, and paying a premium(high pick) for a dented Porsche.

Ed Vette

Quote from: files58 on March 06, 2024, 11:08:23 AMI don't want Penix. It's the age thing, and paying a premium(high pick) for a dented Porsche.
I get that. I was uneasy about him too a few weeks ago. I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise because the future in uncertain. 
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 06, 2024, 01:20:56 PMI get that. I was uneasy about him too a few weeks ago. I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise because the future in uncertain. 

I'm not a fan of Penix; however, if the Giants could move back, pickup 2x 1st round picks, and draft Nix in early round 2, I'd signup for that deal!

brownelvis54

Ryan Leaf warns about drafting top prospect Caleb Williams

The KING is in the building