News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Malik Nabers on Giants QB situation

Started by shadowspinner0, March 02, 2024, 02:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowspinner0

"Going to New York wouldn't be a bad idea. The QB situation, they're gonna figure it out, especially if they have a caliber receiver coming like me. They're gonna wanna get me the ball so I'm sure they're gonna wanna get a QB that can do that."

https://twitter.com/WBG84/status/1763932797100556790

Bob In PA

Confidence is good, but (hailing from Louisiana) I doubt he can even imagine what it's like playing in NY/NJ.

He's a very very very good player.

But (repeating myself) I'm not sure if he made Jayden Daniels look good or Daniels made HIM look good or (highly unlikely, IMO) both just happen to be truly worth taking in the top half of the 1st round.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

Very good player but should not say they'll get a good QB. 

Jclayton92

Love the moxy and the hope that we get a good Qb, I hope that as well.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Philosophers on March 02, 2024, 05:31:22 PMVery good player but should not say they'll get a good QB. 

Phil: Did you misread the quote or did he talk about QB somewhere else? In the quote he refers to himself. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 03, 2024, 01:54:03 AMPhil: Did you misread the quote or did he talk about QB somewhere else? In the quote he refers to himself. Bob

Bob - this is the quote that I read.

Malik Nabers on Giants QB situation: "Going to New York wouldn't be a bad idea. The QB situation, they're gonna figure it out, especially if they have a caliber receiver coming like me. They're gonna wanna get me the ball so I'm sure they're gonna wanna get a QB that can do that."

uconnjack8

I dont have any issues with what he said.  Didn't point a finger and made himself part of the solution.

Philosophers

Wouldn't a better answer be, "if they bring me in, I'll help their QB" or "make him better?"

uconnjack8

Quote from: Philosophers on March 03, 2024, 10:42:15 AMWouldn't a better answer be, "if they bring me in, I'll help their QB" or "make him better?"

That's exactly what he said

Philosophers

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 03, 2024, 10:49:07 AMThat's exactly what he said

No he said, "They're gonna wanna get me the ball so I'm sure they're gonna wanna get a QB that can do that."

"Wanna get a QB" is not a compliment to an existing QB.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on March 03, 2024, 10:53:33 AMNo he said, "They're gonna wanna get me the ball so I'm sure they're gonna wanna get a QB that can do that."

"Wanna get a QB" is not a compliment to an existing QB.

He did not say they would want to "get" a QB who can do that. He said they're going to want to "have" a QB who can do that. That does not preclude keeping Daniel Jones.

I think if we're going to scrutinize every word this guy says with a fine tooth comb and try to find fault in him any chance we can, we should at least directly quote him with the precise words he actually used and not swap in words that sound a little worse to try to paint a certain picture.

The interviewer also led him right into that topic by saying that Daniel Jones "might not even be the guy." She brought that up directly. He simply addressed her question, and his response was that they'd "figure it out", which is pretty non-specific. I don't think he was disrespectful with this answer at all, especially given what the interviewer put out there herself.

uconnjack8

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 03, 2024, 11:04:03 AMHe did not say they would want to "get" a QB who can do that. He said they're going to want to "have" a QB who can do that. That does not preclude keeping Daniel Jones.

I think if we're going to scrutinize every word this guy says with a fine tooth comb and try to find fault in him any chance we can, we should at least directly quote him with the precise words he actually used and not swap in words that sound a little worse to try to paint a certain picture.

The interviewer also led him right into that topic by saying that Daniel Jones "might not even be the guy." She brought that up directly. He simply addressed her question, and his response was that they'd "figure it out", which is pretty non-specific. I don't think he was disrespectful with this answer at all, especially given what the interviewer put out there herself.

Exactly.   Nabers might not even know the Giants QB situation and said "they will figure that out",  then said adding him only helps a QB. 

Nabers seemed a little unsure if how to answer, but I think he did fine.  He is a WR not a politician.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 03, 2024, 11:04:03 AMHe did not say they would want to "get" a QB who can do that. He said they're going to want to "have" a QB who can do that. That does not preclude keeping Daniel Jones.

I pulled the quote directly with quote remarks.  If it was a mistake, then it was there.  Maybe he spoke in more than one instance and you are referring to one and I am to another.