News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - If You Have A Moment, Read This

Started by Philosophers, March 02, 2024, 03:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

I know I am always talking on this board about intangibles whether it is with players or with coaches.  A few days ago, I read a great story about Jim Harbaugh in which some of his former players told stories about him.  As a Michigan alum, I really enjoyed them, but more importantly, I thought they pointed to what I think is so important in team sports -- leadership and creating a team (not assembling them but creating a cohesive unit).  I believe these stories point to why Harbaugh is such a great coach.  It's so much more than Xs and Os.  Anyway if you get a chance, check it out.  Hope you enjoy it.

Joseph

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39625585/jim-harbaugh-former-49ers-michigan-players-stories-chargers-coach

Bob In PA

Quote from: Philosophers on March 02, 2024, 03:35:54 PMI know I am always talking on this board about intangibles whether it is with players or with coaches.  A few days ago, I read a great story about Jim Harbaugh in which some of his former players told stories about him.  As a Michigan alum, I really enjoyed them, but more importantly, I thought they pointed to what I think is so important in team sports -- leadership and creating a team (not assembling them but creating a cohesive unit).  I believe these stories point to why Harbaugh is such a great coach.  It's so much more than Xs and Os.  Anyway if you get a chance, check it out.  Hope you enjoy it.

Joseph

Phil: IMO almost every NFL head coach strives to achieve that (my quintessential example is/was Tom Coughlin) but I'm not sure whether "grown men" are as receptive to the idea as "college boys" (in general - though I do lean strongly in the direction of... no, it rarely works... an additional reason... in the NFL money is at stake). Bob

PS. I've known for eons your name is Joseph - hope you don't mind if I continue to use "Phil"???
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 02, 2024, 04:47:21 PMPhil: IMO almost every NFL head coach strives to achieve that (my quintessential example is/was Tom Coughlin) but I'm not sure whether "grown men" are as receptive to the idea as "college boys" (in general - though I do lean strongly in the direction of... no, it rarely works... an additional reason... in the NFL money is at stake). Bob

PS. I've known for eons your name is Joseph - hope you don't mind if I continue to use "Phil"???

Bob - Never have to ask about using Phil but appreciate the gesture.