News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Patricia Traina: Cost the Giants to move up with the Patriots is 3 2nd rounders

Started by EliWasrobbed, March 04, 2024, 08:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliWasrobbed

https://twitter.com/slimjimisfunny/status/1764383793220091935

Daniel Jeremiah apparently heard the same thing

if so... why haven't we made the deal yet? That's an EASY deal to take Drake or Daniels.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Painter

It was Daniel Jeremiah who first made and reported that trade cost estimate more than a week ago, ne c'est pas?

Cheers!

spiderblue43

So a choice of qbs? One a move up (3rd qb Maye),the other a young pup (JJ)?? I don't have a conviction on Maye or JJ, although it may be the direction ultimately.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: spiderblue43 on March 04, 2024, 11:31:50 PMSo a choice of qbs? One a move up (3rd qb Maye),the other a young pup (JJ)?? I don't have a conviction on Maye or JJ, although it may be the direction ultimately.

probably trade up for Maye, though sounds like Daniels is falling

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Gmo11

If the options are Maye -3 second round picks vs JJ I'm going with JJ. I like JJ better than Maye straight up to be honest. I don't think I'd want to take either at #6 but the way things are shaping up if they want a QB they won't have a choice but to do it.

I prefer Daniels to either JJ or Maye though so if he does make it to 3 and the Pats don't want him that becomes interesting. Still likely wouldn't want to give up the picks but it would be a tougher decision.

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

EDjohnst1981

Jolly Blue Giant

I think there will be a lot of heartbroken fans who think the Giants are thinking of moving up to get a QB. Maybe they will, but I really doubt it. As Rich pointed out in another thread, they need to focus on infrastructure or they're just going to get another DJ situation...i.e., "talented QB with nothing to work with and a line that can't protect him"

Going back to the basics:

- it takes a team to win, not just a good QB
- build the trench first, then add the skill players
- most players are highly refined athletes, but without the right coaches and solid game planning, it gets wasted
- in general, it's a very small percentage of fans that actually know as much as the coaches (1% would be high)
- no matter how good a QB is, if he can't be protected, and has inadequate receivers (or doesn't have time for adequate receivers to run their routes), or gets no consistency in coaching...he's going to fail more often than succeed
- Championship football is NEVER a one-man show, and the unsung heroes in championships, do a lot of dirty work that goes under the radar and doesn't get the fanfare that a QB does. Even great QBs will tell you the same thing

FOOTBALL IS THE EPITOME OF A "TEAM SPORT"
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

When we are in another 5 years of Qb hell because we did nothing for fear of the need of extra infrastructure we'll continue to be a laughing stock in the league. Sign 2 guards, and draft a swing there's your infrastructure.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 05, 2024, 11:01:45 AMI think there will be a lot of heartbroken fans who think the Giants are thinking of moving up to get a QB. Maybe they will, but I really doubt it. As Rich pointed out in another thread, they need to focus on infrastructure or they're just going to get another DJ situation...i.e., "talented QB with nothing to work with and a line that can't protect him"

Going back to the basics:

- it takes a team to win, not just a good QB
- build the trench first, then add the skill players
- most players are highly refined athletes, but without the right coaches and solid game planning, it gets wasted
- in general, it's a very small percentage of fans that actually know as much as the coaches (1% would be high)
- no matter how good a QB is, if he can't be protected, and has inadequate receivers (or doesn't have time for adequate receivers to run their routes), or gets no consistency in coaching...he's going to fail more often than succeed
- Championship football is NEVER a one-man show, and the unsung heroes in championships, do a lot of dirty work that goes under the radar and doesn't get the fanfare that a QB does. Even great QBs will tell you the same thing

FOOTBALL IS THE EPITOME OF A "TEAM SPORT"

you lost me at "DJ ... talented QB"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Bob In PA

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on March 05, 2024, 10:43:57 AMWhilst I'm not into Mocks, I would be shocked if he slides by the Cardinals.
EDj: The one thing you can count on... the Cardinals will always make the wrong move in the 1st round.

For a long time it was the Bengals, but they finally got out of whatever time warp they were in and now IMO make no more first-round blunders than the average team.

The Cardinals IMO are hoping to entice a QB-needy team to trade with them in order to get more picks this year.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!