News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bills cut many

Started by MightyGiants, March 06, 2024, 05:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Guess we shall see how well they can reload and keep their Super Bowl window open.

kingm56

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 06, 2024, 05:29:46 PMGuess we shall see how well they can reload and keep their Super Bowl window open.

None of these players are significant difference makers and/or play a premium position. As recent history has demonstrated, teams with top 5 QBs tend to remain competitive.  I suspect they'll be ok next year; although, they still play in the same conference as Patrick Mahomes. 

uconnjack8

Quote from: kingm56 on March 06, 2024, 05:34:46 PMNone of these players are significant difference makers and/or play a premium position. As recent history has demonstrated, teams with top 5 QBs tend to remain competitive.  I suspect they'll be ok next year; although, they still play in the same conference as Patrick Mahomes. 

I see CB as a premium position. 

kingm56

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 06, 2024, 05:37:32 PMI see CB as a premium position. 

As do I, but they didn't lose any difference-makers at CB. Siran Neal is a below average role player and Tre'Davious White is 5 years removed from his last AP season and only appeared in 4 games last season; he appeared in 6 games the prior year.  I don't view losing a 29 year CB who's only played 20 games in 3-years as a meaningful loss.  The tweet lacked context, as it relates to White. 

uconnjack8

Quote from: kingm56 on March 06, 2024, 05:50:05 PMAs do I, but they didn't lose any difference-makers at CB. Siran Neal is a below average role player and Tre'Davious White is 5 years removed from his last AP season and only appeared in 4 games last season; he appeared in 6 games the prior year.  I don't view losing a 29 year CB who's only played 20 games in 3-years as a meaningful loss.  The tweet lacked context, as it relates to White. 

I generally agree, especially since they have a good DL, just think they lost a lot of experience on the back end.   They may be able upgrade/restock, but last year the defense carried that team for most of the year.  My point being that they need to upgrade weapons on offense as well as replace defensive players. 

Allen always gives them a chance, just tough to overcome weak areas on the playoffs.

DaveBrown74

I saw a stat during the season of the Bills' record with Matt Milano in the lineup versus without him. It's staggering. The guy is a huge difference maker, and the Bills' D wasn't the same after they lost him. Losing Tradavious White hurt too, for sure, but as Matt notes he is an aging player whose really good years are several years behind him.

The Bills will be at least reasonably competitive, if not in SB contention, as long as Allen is there and healthy.

kingm56

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 06, 2024, 05:54:05 PMI generally agree, especially since they have a good DL, just think they lost a lot of experience on the back end.  They may be able upgrade/restock, but last year the defense carried that team for most of the year.  My point being that they need to upgrade weapons on offense as well as replace defensive players. 

Allen always gives them a chance, just tough to overcome weak areas on the playoffs.

Zero disagreement, Matt.