News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Waller Undecided about Retirement

Started by EDjohnst1981, March 07, 2024, 08:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 07, 2024, 02:27:44 PMHe didn't have a passing attack for all the reasons stated. But he's a weapon and to get another year out of him if he can stay healthy would be an asset. Especially to a young QB. I think he's more frustrated than anything else.

I agree with your sentiments.  He's a pass catching TE who is now employed by a team that's produced 4 straight bottom 5 pass production  seasons; I'm absolutely sure frustration is part of his calculous.

President Rick

he came to us after we'd been in the playoffs.  IMO he thought he had a shot at a ring and then saw last year's trainwreck.  IMO he will retire. I wish him and his family well.  He seems like a good guy, but IMO the fire is gone from his hearth.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Ed Vette

Quote from: kingm56 on March 07, 2024, 02:31:06 PMI agree with your sentiments.  He's a pass catching TE who is now employed by a team that's produced 4 straight bottom 5 pass production  seasons; I'm absolutely sure frustration is part of his calculous.
I think a good part of the frustration is the Hammy issues. Work so hard to prepare for the season, only to be set back with another season ending in misery. I think if he loses weight, works on hydration and he's limited in the Pre-Season, he might have better results.   
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

Could be a $$$ play.

Pushing for a release by threatening retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

y_so_blu

He's made of glass these days. If I were him I'd retire to save my health.

Brooklyn Dave

He is well off finacially so he does not need the money. His wife plays for the WNBA Los Angeles or Las Vegas , not sure which one . His wife Kelsey Plum was the all time NCSAA women's scoring leader until Caitlin Clark broke her scoring record .