News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley rumor

Started by MightyGiants, March 07, 2024, 09:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Between this and Greenberg practically begging Dallas to sign him, makes me SICK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

files58

Don't worry his past performance lines(like on a race track program) shows he'll miss time due to some sort of injury.

uconnjack8

Quote from: files58 on March 08, 2024, 10:08:22 AMDon't worry his past performance lines(like on a race track program) shows he'll miss time due to some sort of injury.
With a good line, he may miss time and still rush for 1500 yards.

AZGiantFan

Relax.  Everyone was stressing about Wink going to the Eagles.  How'd that work out?  And even if he does, chemistry is a big deal in an OL and we'll see how the good Eagles OL holds up after losing the guy who's been their heart forever to retirement.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

uconnjack8

I think there is a bit more to the Eagles cap situation than just their confidence in Hurts.  They structure contracts in a way that allows them to operate in the immediate time while putting off cap hits until later.  In 2024 for example, they only have one contract that is set to eat up over 20 million in space, Hasaan Reddick.  Hurts Has a 42 million dollar bonus due in 2025.  Just a guess they will convert that to signing bonus and spread it out over several years.  His contract also has a couple of void years. 

Here is a classic example of their creative contract writing that is keeping the best RT in the NFL on the roster for under 20 million/year against the cap.  I am guessing that there is some outs or ways to extend hits so they are not destroyed in a few years.  However, they are in win now mode.  They use void years in almost of their big contracts.

Brooklyn Dave

The Bears signed Swift 3 years $24 million . How does that affect Barkley ?

killarich

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on March 11, 2024, 12:52:57 PMThe Bears signed Swift 3 years $24 million . How does that affect Barkley ?

Pollard got the same contract

Barkley really screwed himself last season by idiotically not taking the Giants offer... Considering injuries and last seasons numbers ... he is nowhere near the almost double the amount of annual salary he wants over the likes of these 2

uconnjack8

Quote from: killarich on March 11, 2024, 12:57:22 PMPollard got the same contract

Barkley really screwed himself last season by idiotically not taking the Giants offer... Considering injuries and last seasons numbers ... he is nowhere near the almost double the amount of annual salary he wants over the likes of these 2

He did in some ways, but he got what, 11 million for 1 year?  So if he signs a 24 million deal for 3 years, with say half due at signing, he will have make 23 million in guaranteed salary for 2023 and 2024.  Don't remember what everyone claims was offered exactly, but I bet it was pretty close to 23 million guaranteed. 

Ed Vette

For the RB, the guaranteed money is the key. Barkley and Pollard contracts should be in the same ballpark. Pollard is a year younger and has stayed pretty healthy over his five years. His mileage is also low as he was behind Elliott for three years.

Barkley was arguing over the Guaranteed money and they were about three million apart. I recall the Giants offered 13 avg with 19 guaranteed. Saquon wanted two years tag money guaranteed.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 11, 2024, 01:32:36 PMFor the RB, the guaranteed money is the key. Barkley and Pollard contracts should be in the same ballpark. Pollard is a year younger and has stayed pretty healthy over his five years. His mileage is also low as he was behind Elliott for three years.

Barkley was arguing over the Guaranteed money and they were about three million apart. I recall the Giants offered 13 avg with 19 guaranteed. Saquon wanted two years tag money guaranteed.

Agreed.  Haven't seen what Pollard's guarantees are yet.  That's basically what I was trying to say with my previous post.  If Barkley gets 10 million guaranteed in his next contract he will have gotten more than that 19 million the Giants offered for 2023 and 2024.  I would think that is a win for him if it happens.

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 01:35:58 PMAgreed.  Haven't seen what Pollard's guarantees are yet.  That's basically what I was trying to say with my previous post.  If Barkley gets 10 million guaranteed in his next contract he will have gotten over that 19 million the Giants offered.
For sure. My guess is it's close to 12 guaranteed.

It was a risk for Barkley however due to his injury history. At the time I thought he should have taken the deal.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 11, 2024, 01:41:03 PMFor sure. My guess is it's close to 12 guaranteed.

It was a risk for Barkley however due to his injury history. At the time I thought he should have taken the deal.

I thought so too.  Didn't think he would get that much guaranteed a year later.

Trench

Pollard also had a better Oline as far as stats go