News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How confident are you about Neal's ability to play guard?

Started by DaveBrown74, March 03, 2024, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

A TOTAL Bust that we will keep hanging on hoping.

SLOW....processes the action after the snap as slowly as Daniel Jones.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Philosophers

Schoen needs to draft an OT and OG and Neal needs to beat them or sit him on the bench.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on March 04, 2024, 12:16:15 AMSchoen needs to draft an OT and OG and Neal needs to beat them or sit him on the bench.

To this point he has played (and at times behaved) like a player who does not even deserve to be on an NFL roster, let alone starting.

Ed Vette

He's not a Guard. Too tall and slow off the snap. If the Giants draft a Tackle in the draft, I would have him practice and backup Thomas.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 03, 2024, 07:56:34 PMHe's had limited game experience so I would give him another season and work with the new O line Coach to establish himself as the RT. But have a good backup plan.

I agree ED. New O-line coach and get a proven RT in FA. Jermaine Eluemunor, who plays both RT and has played Guard. Not flashy, but can take over if needed. He has history with our new coach too
The KING is in the building

Jclayton92

He's only played 20 games, it's amazing how short the leash is at some positions vs others. He showed solid signs last season. New coach, hopefully healthy, and we can possibly see real strides.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 09, 2024, 05:25:27 PMHe's only played 20 games, it's amazing how short the leash is at some positions vs others. He showed solid signs last season. New coach, hopefully healthy, and we can possibly see real strides.
It's a sign of desperation. This team needed Neal to show up in a big way and he didn't get it done. We don't have the luxury of developing a top-10 pick over multiple seasons.

As for the solid signs you saw, I haven't seen them and I'm not sure the organization is as patient as you seem to be.

Responding specifically to the OP question of whether he can play Guard or not, we won't know if they don't give him the reps. If Alt is BPA, you have to go with that and deal with the Neal situation in camp.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on March 09, 2024, 06:10:34 PMIt's a sign of desperation. This team needed Neal to show up in a big way and he didn't get it done. We don't have the luxury of developing a top-10 pick over multiple seasons.

As for the solid signs you saw, I haven't seen them and I'm not sure the organization is as patient as you seem to be.

Responding specifically to the OP question of whether he can play Guard or not, we won't know if they don't give him the reps. If Alt is BPA, you have to go with that and deal with the Neal situation in camp.
Watch his Miami highlights before the injury, improvements were there outside the final drive. 20 games with a bad qb and bad alternating RGs. Not saying he's elite or even great but he was developing, with the right coaching he could make serious strides. I think at minimum you have to give him another season. Can't have him leave and become elite elsewhere.

Rosehill Jimmy

Not at all. I just watched the Tnn game from 22 and the issues he had in the first game of his career continue to today.  His balance is horrible, footwork atrocious and slow getting off the mark.  I'm afraid if moved to guard we'll see a lot of DTs beating him at the snap creating quick pressure up the middle.  I can't see him having the athleticism required to get up to the second level and forget traps/pulls.The guy finds himself on the ground far too often. 

I'd love to be proven wrong.  Perhaps he's a late bloomer and just needs more than the 20 games he's played to hit his stride.  My lips to God's ears
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"