News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Perfect Free Agent to Revitalize Right Tackle

Started by brownelvis54, February 04, 2024, 03:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

This makes a lot of sense to me. The video is 10 minutes long. He brings up very solid points

The Free agent is Jermaine Eluemunor, who plays both RT and has played Guard.

His last team was the Raiders and our new offensive line coach Carmen Bricillo has history with him

Neal needs to be pressured and has to earn the starting job and Jermaine will give Even a run for his money

Jermaine Eluemunor is in our budget, listed at 6 million a year, but like the guy said the market might slide that up to as high as 10

The KING is in the building

Ed Vette

They need a backup plan. We can't have DJ going into another game holding his dick.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 04, 2024, 04:04:27 PMThey need a backup plan. We can't have DJ going into another game holding his dick.

Lol.....very true Ed

londonblue

Bricillo got semi competent play out of him (well above his career average) so if he is confident he can repeat that and if he is the 'set the floor' alternative if Neal stinks then so be it but we should be clear that is what he would be.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

katkavage

Most likely they will address right tackle in free agency while drafting interior lineman day 2:and 3.

gregf

Makes perfect sense to mean.  Don't hand the RT position to Neal, make him earn it. Plus we need depth

brownelvis54

Quote from: gregf on February 04, 2024, 05:32:29 PMMakes perfect sense to mean.  Don't hand the RT position to Neal, make him earn it. Plus we need depth

I also agree with him on the fact that we shouldnt draft an O-linemen in the first round. We have done it too many times, at this point coaching has to be looked at for the failures, he also says we should draft a linemen every draft, but raw guys that have possible high ceilings, and draft them in rounds 4 to 6 to develop for future years. And his concerns about Neal and his injuries are true as well

brownelvis54

Quote from: gregf on February 04, 2024, 05:32:29 PMMakes perfect sense to mean.  Don't hand the RT position to Neal, make him earn it. Plus we need depth

With the 6th over all pick we need a blue chip player, Rome Odunze, Malik Nabers, or Brock Bowers could be game changers. Right now we have 22 million. Cutting Mark Glowinski (it will happen)  and Waller will give us money to pursue FA. 

spiderblue43

Eluemunor hopefully can rise above the manure left on that OL. #:-S

TDToomer

Quote from: spiderblue43 on February 05, 2024, 12:22:36 PMEluemunor hopefully can rise above the manure left on that OL. #:-S

I want to see his ink on a contract before assuming that he is signing with us next month.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

brownelvis54

Quote from: TDToomer on February 05, 2024, 01:32:29 PMI want to see his ink on a contract before assuming that he is signing with us next month.

He signed today

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin