News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants sign Oline Jermaine Eluemunor 2 years 14 mil

Started by EliWasrobbed, March 11, 2024, 06:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 12, 2024, 06:11:51 AMGates did poorly at Washington.

Gates did poorly here too; he was incredibly overrated and anyone could predict his release from Wash.  He's a below-average C/G, who generates zero push in the run game and is routinely pushed in the backfield on pass rush.  He's decent at using his body to generate good angles but is physically limited. I'd rather take a chance on a mid-round draft pick.     

Bob In PA

Quote from: madbadger on March 11, 2024, 06:56:58 PMHas played both guard and tackle. He's posted a pff grade above 68.5 the past two years at tackle but his grade was much lower at guard. Unless they have plans to move Neal to guard he most likely replaces Peart as the swing tackle.

madB: Don't have time to investigate this, but consider who played on either side of him while he was at guard. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

londonblue

P.S. The London branch of this forum is pumped to have our London boy (exiled to NJ in his teens) on the OL helping fix it! Expect him to force Neal inside.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

WheresDayne

I remember that Dallas had both Neal and Thibs as their top 2 players on their board.  I wonder how good Neal would be if Dallas got him?

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 11, 2024, 08:03:04 PMI have a feeling they're mentally done with Neal as a starter, or at least heading in that direction.

It's Neal's job to change their mind.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

T200

Guess Daboll hasn't scared off quality veterans after all.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

I am very excited to see this kid ply and root hard for him. Statements like that are refreshing.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Trench on March 13, 2024, 02:09:49 PMI am very excited to see this kid ply and root hard for him. Statements like that are refreshing.

Me too. With the ranking of "best moves" in free agency, he's the only player the Giants got that received an "A"...of course, Burns was not a FA so he wasn't included in the grading. Lock got an A-, the rest got a "B"

My question is, "is he going to play RG or compete with Neal for RT?" He can play either and is classified as a swing tackle. It will be interesting to see how Bricillo uses him. From a physical description, it would seem odd to have Neal as a RG as he much bigger than Eluemunor. Regardless, I don't think it means the Giants won't draft another OL
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

Watching the tape Eluemunor manhandled dudes in pass pro and run blocking.

kartanoman

:D

I love this guy! They are fixing the damn offensive line!!! PLEASE make it stick this time!!!  :notworthy:

Now bring a kid or two in from the draft to make it complete and it will be time to get to work.

Plucking the O-line coach and one of his linemen from the Raiders will hopefully pan into a good decision and set the tone for the new-look line for 2024.

Hope springs' eternal.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)