News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Top spending teams day one of free agency

Started by MightyGiants, March 12, 2024, 09:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

Not sure why the Eagles are so low...

But I figured they are not including Dickersons extension.

Ed Vette

For context, you may want to add the number of transactions and the average per transaction.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

I also view these contracts in terms of their Guaranteed Money. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

A little misleading as Burns' contract is almost the entire enchilada and is spread out over a 5-year contract, which will probably be reworked in the future
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

33rd team is an excellent resource, I am not sure why people are saying the information they are creating is misleading (I was also told their stat on RB contracts, on another thread, was misleading)

While the 33rd team has become a bit more fan-friendly, it's still one of my favorite resources.  I have a hard time believing any of the stuff they put out was intended to mislead. 

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 12, 2024, 09:51:05 AM33rd team is an excellent resource, I am not sure why people are saying the information they are creating is misleading (I was also told their stat on RB contracts, on another thread, was misleading)

While the 33rd team has become a bit more fan-friendly, it's still one of my favorite resources.  I have a hard time believing any of the stuff they put out was intended to mislead. 

Interesting how you replace context with misleading. I didn't think it was intentional, just sensational. You could be right though. Another matter of semantics. The context however could validate the veracity of the statement.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

WheresDayne

I think Jolly used the term "misleading" I also think he used it correctly.  :greetings:

zephirus

If we want to get into semantics, Burns was not a free agent.  When it comes to compensatory picks, trades aren't included.

GloryDays

I don't like this.. the top spender in FA?!
I have always thought that teams should build through the draft, only the ones who don't know how to draft good players resort to overpaying their players and selling their draft capital.
Not good imo.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 12, 2024, 09:51:05 AM33rd team is an excellent resource, I am not sure why people are saying the information they are creating is misleading (I was also told their stat on RB contracts, on another thread, was misleading)

I don't think they are being intentionally misleading so much as the nature of NFL contracts are intrinsically misleading.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll