News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Did Darren Waller Retire??

Started by brownelvis54, March 16, 2024, 07:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

It's my understanding that as of a week ago when Joe Schoen last touched based with Waller's agent, he had not yet decided. Apparently, the Giants currently feel no great pressure whatever he decides as they have other options including releasing him post-June 1st to save a non-guaranteed $11.625M against the Cap. And you know what they say, "If a guy starts talking retirement, he's already done it."

Cheers!

brownelvis54

Quote from: Painter on April 06, 2024, 08:06:21 PMIt's my understanding that as of a week ago when Joe Schoen last touched based with Waller's agent, he had not yet decided. Apparently, the Giants currently feel no great pressure whatever he decides as they have other options including releasing him post-June 1st to save a non-guaranteed $11.625M against the Cap. And you know what they say, "If a guy starts talking retirement, he's already done it."

Cheers!

I agree Larry. I can only imagine if I were to go to the hospital and tell my boss "I want to make sure he's 100% committed to keep showing up here anymore" She would help me with my decision...lol
The KING is in the building

AZGiantFan

That whole 'respect the process' thing makes no sense to me.  What does that even mean?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Philosophers

Giants need to draft a late round TE prospect.  Erick All is a good one from Iowa.  Transferred from Michigan which was stacked at TE position especially with emerging Colston Loveland.  He needs more development and to be cleared from early season injury from as say a 6th round pick, he'd be worth it.

Painter

I suppose we might wonder if, still wallowing in Waller uncertainty come Draft day, makes it more likely that Odunze will be the Giants No.1 target. Quien sabe?

Cheers!

Ed Vette

The Giants don't have enough cap space to sign their draft class. They save six million + by cutting Waller. After the draft, it may not be Waller's decision.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Painter on April 07, 2024, 11:24:03 AMI suppose we might wonder if, still wallowing in Waller uncertainty come Draft day, makes it more likely that Odunze will be the Giants No.1 target. Quien sabe?

Cheers!

For me, Odunze is the #1 target regardless of Waller.  I put no faith in Waller's ability to stay healthy nor to be productive.  It is never going to be 2019-2020 for him, no matter how much we hope.  The Giants took a flyer on him in the hope of turning back the clock and it didn't work.  They can save 11 million by making him a post-June 1 cut, according to OTC.  There is no way I want them to spend that much CAP on him.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll