News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

LSU fans I have a question about Brian Thomas Jr

Started by brownelvis54, March 17, 2024, 07:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

I will admit I didnt watch very much, if not any LSU games this season. I watched most of the top 3 QBs in this upcoming draft Williams, Maye and McCarthy. I began reading about Jayden Daniels about 3 months ago. As far as the QBs go and the WRs go....it seems like the usual order being selected are for the most part, pretty consistent the order of being picked. Williams will be the first QB taken, and Harrison Jr will be the first WR taken, the only variant is what team picks what player of need.

We need draft picks, badly IMO. What if we were to trade back to 12 to 20 OR we simply trade with Minnesota?

Harrison Jr, Nabers and Odunze seem to be the top 3 WRs. My question is if we trade back to get more picks and at some point, take Brian Thomas Jr. Is he a good consolation pick? Trading with another team we might be able to get our QB and a WR.

According to tankathon he would go to the Bills at 28

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

The KING is in the building

Stringer Bell

I am high on Thomas and think a good comp is Tee Higgins. He will go late first, and I would be happy to have him, but I wouldn't be reaching for him in the mid first with so many good WRs.

brownelvis54

I don't know who is old enough to remember Alvin Harper and Micael Irvin. Harper wanted to get paid like Irvin, but Dallas couldn't pay both the same. Dallas paid Irvin and Harper got paid like a WR1 with Tampa Bay and basically wasn't remotely close to being as good as he was in Dallas. He benefited in Dallas because Irvin got doubled teamed making Harper the benefit of being open more. My question is Thomas really that good to stand alone? Or was he good because of Nabers?

Philosophers

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 17, 2024, 07:58:13 PMI don't know who is old enough to remember Alvin Harper and Micael Irvin. Harper wanted to get paid like Irvin, but Dallas couldn't pay both the same. Dallas paid Irvin and Harper got paid like a WR1 with Tampa Bay and basically wasn't remotely close to being as good as he was in Dallas. He benefited in Dallas because Irvin got doubled teamed making Harper the benefit of being open more. My question is Thomas really that good to stand alone? Or was he good because of Nabers?

I think he's really that good.  He is not just a volume catcher because of double coverage on Nabers but watch how Thomas catches the ball.

brownelvis54

Philosophers

Brian Thomas is no consolation so long as he develops his route running to an NFL quality level.  If he does that, he may be better than the Big 3.