News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants at JJ's Pro Day

Started by MightyGiants, March 22, 2024, 08:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

There's mix messages on whether Schoen is there.

Some reporters are saying he will be. Some saying he won't be.

MightyGiants

Quote from: JT39 on March 22, 2024, 09:23:37 AMThere's mix messages on whether Schoen is there.

Some reporters are saying he will be. Some saying he won't be.

most seem to think he will not be there.  The Giants already had JJ in for a private visit; this could be a smoke screen.  I remember Schoen mentioning how surprising it was being the Giants' GM and how reporters noticed where he went on Pro Days.   Buffalo had much less press, so GM activities pre-draft are not as heavily reported.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

I think the Vikings are going to offer up the farm to get into either #4 or #5 to take whichever QB is left knowing that QB isn't getting past 6, and they have the ammo to do it.  If the Giants really love JJ and want to take him, they may have to trade up to prevent the Vikings from getting there first.  That Vikings team is solid from top to bottom except that they don't currently employ a QB of any substance.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gmo11 on March 22, 2024, 10:23:43 AMI think the Vikings are going to offer up the farm to get into either #4 or #5 to take whichever QB is left knowing that QB isn't getting past 6, and they have the ammo to do it.  If the Giants really love JJ and want to take him, they may have to trade up to prevent the Vikings from getting there first.  That Vikings team is solid from top to bottom except that they don't currently employ a QB of any substance.

I like JJ at 6 (if the Giants like him).  I don't like trading up for JJ or any other QB.  This roster has too many holes to give up more draft picks.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 22, 2024, 10:33:07 AMI like JJ at 6 (if the Giants like him).  I don't like trading up for JJ or any other QB.  This roster has too many holes to give up more draft picks.

I'm with you.  I would prefer not to trade up for any of these QBs.  But I just can't stand another season of Jones without at least the promise of hope.  Jones is just good enough to not get the Giants the #1 pick next year but not good enough to win a championship with and he's going to be starting next year so at least with a rookie on the roster we know it's only one more year of Jones torture.  If they don't draft one now...who knows who long this will go on for.

MightyGiants

I think Nagy is counting the Giants assistant GM in the GM category as they don't has an assistant GM list

Jim Nagy
@JimNagy_SB
PRO-DAY UPDATE: Only fitting that national champs
@UMichFootball
, with record 18 Combine invitees, have biggest NFL turnout for pro-day.

Here's list of NFL attendees who'll be in Ann Arbor today, including former UM & current Chargers coaches Jim Harbaugh,  Jesse Minter, &  Ben Herbert.

HC (7)- Bears, Cowboys, Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots, Steelers, Commanders

GM (9)- Bears, Broncos, Cowboys, Dolphins, Patriots, Giants, Steelers, 49ers, Commanders

OC- Bears, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Steelers, Seahawks, Commanders

DC- Chargers, Dolphins, Steelers

QB- Bears, Raiders, Giants, Patriots

WR- Bears,

TE- Bengals, Chargers, Giants, Jets,

OL- Ravens, Bills, Broncos, Jags, Raiders, Jets, Seahawks

DL-Vikings, Saints

LB- Seahawks

DB- Bengals

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1771184418092163086?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

I saw that FUBO is going to televise the Michigan Pro Day.  Can watch it with the free trial.

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 22, 2024, 10:52:01 AMI think Nagy is counting the Giants assistant GM in the GM category as they don't has an assistant GM list

Jim Nagy
@JimNagy_SB
PRO-DAY UPDATE: Only fitting that national champs
@UMichFootball
, with record 18 Combine invitees, have biggest NFL turnout for pro-day.

Here's list of NFL attendees who'll be in Ann Arbor today, including former UM & current Chargers coaches Jim Harbaugh,  Jesse Minter, &  Ben Herbert.

HC (7)- Bears, Cowboys, Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots, Steelers, Commanders

GM (9)- Bears, Broncos, Cowboys, Dolphins, Patriots, Giants, Steelers, 49ers, Commanders

OC- Bears, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Steelers, Seahawks, Commanders

DC- Chargers, Dolphins, Steelers

QB- Bears, Raiders, Giants, Patriots

WR- Bears,

TE- Bengals, Chargers, Giants, Jets,

OL- Ravens, Bills, Broncos, Jags, Raiders, Jets, Seahawks

DL-Vikings, Saints

LB- Seahawks

DB- Bengals

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1771184418092163086?s=20

For what it's worth, no Vikings offensive coaches or the GM will be in attendance according to that list.

Philosophers

Must feel strange for Harbaugh to be there shopping instead of stocking and selling.  My guess is he is also there to support those Michigan players.

Philosophers

One of the guys JJ is going to throw some passes to is Mike Sainristil the converted WR to CB.  He was very successful at slot CB for Michigan.  He wants to show pro reps today his hands.  He is also going to catch punts to show what he can do as a punt receiver.  Now, that is a player looking to showcase his talent.  The other Washington WR opposite Odunze, said Sainristil was the best cover guy he ever faced.   

spiderblue43

Be interesting to see if JJ gets weighed. I doubt he will do so.

Philosophers

Quote from: spiderblue43 on March 22, 2024, 01:30:46 PMBe interesting to see if JJ gets weighed. I doubt he will do so.

I think he will do whatever any NFL team asks him to do at that pro day.  He won't hide anything.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE