News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The 2024 QB Class

Started by Ed Vette, March 29, 2024, 12:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 02, 2024, 12:41:28 PMThe Drew Lock signing might take Nix, Penix, and below off the table for the Giants.
Penix and Nix have potential to be starters. Lock is locked in as a backup.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: katkavage on April 02, 2024, 01:31:28 PMPenix and Nix have potential to be starters. Lock is locked in as a backup.

I will break my TV if the Giants waste a pick on Bo Nix. He's only 2.5 years younger than DJ and has 0% chance of being a franchise QB.

His ceiling is significantly lower than any of the other top QB prospects.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 02, 2024, 12:39:00 PMBob, I would trade up for Maye.
Ed: Final Jeopardy lol....  Do you like Maye more/less/same than you liked Josh Allen (or don't you recall)?  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 02, 2024, 03:20:15 PMEd: Final Jeopardy lol....  Do you like Maye more/less/same than you liked Josh Allen (or don't you recall)?  Bob
Less. Josh Allen could carry a team on his back for a quarter and will his way to win a game. It was a shame he went to Buffalo but it turns out he was lucky he didn't wind up here. Imagine Josh Allen in Dallas? Or Philly?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

Quote from: Stringer Bell on April 02, 2024, 01:54:09 PMI will break my TV if the Giants waste a pick on Bo Nix. He's only 2.5 years younger than DJ and has 0% chance of being a franchise QB.

His ceiling is significantly lower than any of the other top QB prospects.
Not a fan of Nix either. But he has more potential than Drew Lock.

uconnjack8

This class has the potential to completely change the course of the NFC over the next few years.  IMO, there are no true franchise QBs in the NFC currently. 

Any team that is able to get, develop and provide a supporting cast for one will have a good shot of playing in a championship game annually. 

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 29, 2024, 12:23:03 PMI remember several drafts where there were 4+ QB prospects that all had the look and potential to be be a Franchise QB, but I don't remember agreeing with almost the entire class. This class has at least six QBs and possibly seven who could emerge as outstanding QBs. Of course history shows that's very unlikely. I do believe the destination is one of the determining factors.

There will likely be six QBs taken in the first round and it sounds unprecedented. Penix is going to be one of them. Just where, remains to be seen.

I don't believe I can rank them. I will say that if I had my druthers I would hope the Giants draft Drake Maye and sit him a year. I would not be disappointed in McCarthy or Nix. The best talent is Calib Williams but I don't see him as a fit in NY. I also would be intrigued to see Daniels in Blue.

I would be shocked if the Giants didn't come away with one of the top six QBs in this draft.

For some reason I get the feeling Maye has a strong chance of being there at 6.

I think it goes:

1- Daniels
2-Williams
3- McCarthy
The KING is in the building

Ed Vette

Quote from: brownelvis54 on April 03, 2024, 08:17:52 PMFor some reason I get the feeling Maye has a strong chance of being there at 6.

I think it goes:

1- Daniels
2-Williams
3- McCarthy
After seeing a top draft pundit make drastic changes to his board on four updates, it likely happened after someone hit on some provocative evidence. The McConkey movement was significant after a recent article came out touting him. In the next three weeks more will come out and some from leads within organizations.

I think we might be getting a few   draft day one surprises.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin