News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Which positional needs would you like to see addressed day two?

Started by MightyGiants, April 01, 2024, 09:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which positional needs would you like to see addressed day 2 (vote for 2)

You may only select up to 2 options.

MightyGiants

I am taking QB off the board because that seems like a round one or bust position.  You can assume the Giants go QB round one and hence need a WR.

To simplify, we are ignoring the order.  Simply which two positions would you like to see addressed with Round 2 – No. 47 and Round 3 – No. 70 picks?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 01, 2024, 09:28:26 AMI am taking QB off the board because that seems like a round one or bust position.  You can assume the Giants go QB round one and hence need a WR.

To simplify, we are ignoring the order.  Simply which two positions would you like to see addressed with Round 2 – No. 47 and Round 3 – No. 70 picks?

I did WR and CB.  We need a better slot CB in addition to another boundary CB unless we sign one.  Safety was another option I considered as I think a good one will be available such as Kamren Kitchens out of Miami.

jgrangers2

Went with CB and DT as I think depth at those two positions is huge and we haven't addressed it at all so far this offseason. Safety would obviously be a need too with X gone

Painter

Quote from: Philosophers on April 01, 2024, 10:06:48 AMI did WR and CB.  We need a better slot CB in addition to another boundary CB unless we sign one.  Safety was another option I considered as I think a good one will be available such as Kamren Kitchens out of Miami.

Ditto!

MightyGiants

What I find interesting is that after 15 votes, RB has one vote, and safety has no votes.  Those were the two premium player positions lost in the offseason
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

For me.....without a doubt a WR in the 1st round. 2nd round Cornerback
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

Quote from: brownelvis54 on April 01, 2024, 01:40:16 PMFor me.....without a doubt a WR in the 1st round. 2nd round Cornerback

What about round 3?  This survey is for day two picks
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 01, 2024, 01:13:30 PMWhat I find interesting is that after 15 votes, RB has one vote, and safety has no votes.  Those were the two premium player positions lost in the offseason

I think safety is being treated like RBs when it comes to spending money on premium positions...low on the totem pole. We have Pinnock and we already signed Jalen Mills in free agency. And according to several publications I've read this monring, Okereke is begging Schoen and Daboll to sign 25 yr old Julian Blackmon, being released from the Colts. They have some history and Okereke thinks he is the missing piece behind the DL to make the defense great

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 01, 2024, 01:44:47 PMWhat about round 3?  This survey is for day two picks
Not trying to be an ass, but doesn't day two include rounds 2 and 3? I think so

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 01, 2024, 02:15:35 PMNot trying to be an ass, but doesn't day two include rounds 2 and 3? I think so

Yes, Bob gave us his picks for rounds 1 and 2 but not 3
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

As for me, I assume we are NOT taking a QB and will take the best receiver available. IMO, the ranking order of receivers is Harrison, Odunze, Bowers, Nabor

Round 2: best available DT3 (Braden Fiske or Kris Hall should be available...I'd take Fiske)
Round 3: best available player, and I'd personally take OG Zak Zinter at this spot because he's going to be a perennial All Pro in the future...but, we could also use another LB, S, CB, RB, TE, etc., so whoever falls through the cracks and take BPA that fits the Giants needs

If we don't get a DT3 in the second, a later pick of Myles Cole out of Texas Tech, would be a steal in later rounds. Vastly underrated

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 01, 2024, 02:27:30 PMAs for me, I assume we are NOT taking a QB and will take the best receiver available. IMO, the ranking order of receivers is Harrison, Odunze, Bowers, Nabor

Round 2: best available DT3 (Braden Fiske or Kris Hall should be available...I'd take Fiske)
Round 3: best available player, and I'd personally take OG Zak Zinter at this spot because he's going to be a perennial All Pro in the future...but, we could also use another LB, S, CB, RB, TE, etc., so whoever falls through the cracks and take BPA that fits the Giants needs

If we don't get a DT3 in the second, a later pick of Myles Cole out of Texas Tech, would be a steal in later rounds. Vastly underrated

who is your CB 2 this season?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Philosophers on April 01, 2024, 10:06:48 AMI did WR and CB.  We need a better slot CB in addition to another boundary CB unless we sign one.  Safety was another option I considered as I think a good one will be available such as Kamren Kitchens out of Miami.

What he said.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 01, 2024, 02:29:40 PMwho is your CB 2 this season?

Tentatively, a battle between Hawkins/Flott/A.Robinson/whoever from the draft, but I suspect we'll sign another FA, and it wouldn't surprise me if we get Adoree back on a vet min 1-year deal. Adoree isn't what he used to be, but he knows the system and has moments when he looks good. I suspect Hawkins will come to camp a year older, a year smarter (football wise), and in NFL shape and will win the battle, unless the Giants use their early capital on a CB, which I don't see happening, but what the heck do I know  :-??  I'm guessing like everyone else

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 01, 2024, 01:13:30 PMWhat I find interesting is that after 15 votes, RB has one vote, and safety has no votes.  Those were the two premium player positions lost in the offseason

For me, neither of them is a premium position compared to CB and WR.  OTOH, I haven't really looked at the positional depth in this draft, so perhaps that could change my mind if the draft is rich in CBs and WRs and scarce in Ss and RBs.  Although then I'd want to look at 3-tech options and availability.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll