News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If 4 QBs go 1-4

Started by Philosophers, April 01, 2024, 04:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

I think 100% the Giants will have a shot at MHJr at 6 because I believe Harbaugh wants to create the mindset the Chargers are a tough in the trenches type team so believe they will draft Joe Alt.  Book it Danno.  You heard it here first

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on April 01, 2024, 04:56:52 PMI think 100% the Giants will have a shot at MHJr at 6 because I believe Harbaugh wants to create the mindset the Chargers are a tough in the trenches type team so believe they will draft Joe Alt.  Book it Danno.  You heard it here first

100% chance huh?

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 01, 2024, 05:01:03 PM100% chance huh?

Yeah betting it all.  He wins in the trenches.  All about establishing an identity.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on April 01, 2024, 06:03:05 PMYeah betting it all.  He wins in the trenches.  All about establishing an identity.

I have no doubt as to how great Alt is. I am an ND fan. I know him well.

The Chargers just got rid of Keenan Allen and Mike Williams in this offseason. Those were their two biggest name receivers. The cupboard is now pretty bare at receiver there. Presently Josh Palmer is their best receiver. Quentin Johnston was disappointing last year, and it remains to be seen if he'll amount to anything significant. To say there is a 100% chance they don't take a receiver at 5th if it goes QB/QB/QB/QB seems like a stretch to me. I'm not saying you'll be wrong, because I don't know that, but to say it like it's a such sure thing seems odd to me.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 01, 2024, 06:14:45 PMI have no doubt as to how great Alt is. I am an ND fan. I know him well.

The Chargers just got rid of Keenan Allen and Mike Williams in this offseason. Those were their two biggest name receivers. The cupboard is now pretty bare at receiver there. Presently Josh Palmer is their best receiver. Quentin Johnston was disappointing last year, and it remains to be seen if he'll amount to anything significant. To say there is a 100% chance they don't take a receiver at 5th if it goes QB/QB/QB/QB seems like a stretch to me. I'm not saying you'll be wrong, because I don't know that, but to say it like it's a such sure thing seems odd to me.

I think he wants a stud opposite Slater and feels he can get a great WR after 1st round given the depth.  Betting it all my friend.  After 1st round OT thins out.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on April 01, 2024, 06:20:55 PMI think he wants a stud opposite Slater and feels he can get a great WR after 1st round given the depth.  Betting it all my friend.  After 1st round OT thins out.

Ok, duly noted.

Alt is a stud, no doubt.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Philosophers on April 01, 2024, 04:56:52 PMI think 100% the Giants will have a shot at MHJr at 6 because I believe Harbaugh wants to create the mindset the Chargers are a tough in the trenches type team so believe they will draft Joe Alt.  Book it Danno.  You heard it here first
Phil: This is my "perfect" scenario. Giants can still after that get a QB worth a shot, although they may not like any of the guys who'll still be there.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74