News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How does the current NY Giants WR trio stack up against the best?

Started by MightyGiants, April 03, 2024, 11:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 03, 2024, 11:54:42 AMSome of those players have hit their peak and or will have dropped off a bit. Kupp, Diggs, Aiyuk, Allen...

Hyatt and Robinson (injured) both now have a full season even though their playing time was limited.

This is their pivotal season. Wait and see.

Aiyuk just turned 26 and is younger than Slayton. He almost had more yards than our trio combined, and he did have more TDs than all of them combined.

Our trio isn't in the same universe as any of the units listed in the graphic. Compared with the rest of the NFC, the only team with a worse WR trio is the Cards (which will change after they draft MHJ) and maybe the Falcons.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Stringer Bell on April 03, 2024, 07:09:45 PMAiyuk just turned 26 and is younger than Slayton. He almost had more yards than our trio combined, and he did have more TDs than all of them combined.

Our trio isn't in the same universe as any of the units listed in the graphic. Compared with the rest of the NFC, the only team with a worse WR trio is the Cards (which will change after they draft MHJ) and maybe the Falcons.
I'm a Brandon Aiyuk fan. He's at his peak as I said being in the league going on this fifth season. WDR and Hyatt have a lot to prove and as I said in a pivotal year. Where did I imply they were in the same Universe. Players all have their curve as do teams and the salary cap is another factor as Buffalo is facing right now. The other factors are the QB and supporting cast which did no favors for the Giants Receiving Corp.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 03, 2024, 11:45:45 AMHow do Slayton, Hyatt, and Robinson stack up to the best in the league?

against the best in the league?  Which league?  The Ivy League? Giants wr's are better than any of the WR corps for any of the Ancient 8.  The National Football League?  Not even close to the best trios.  They are probably closer to the ivy leagues than the top of the NFL.