News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Would you make this trade (being talked about by a Fan Sided writer)?

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 20, 2024, 11:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Pretty sure I'd take this trade

• The Broncos acquire the No. 6 overall pick.
  • The Giants acquire the No. 12 pick, No. 76 overall (third round), a 2025 first-round pick and Patrick Surtain II.

https://gmenhq.com/posts/this-ny-giants-trade-patrick-surtain-ii-would-steal-show-draft-night-01hvv1x2nnkv?sc=be165671da3b347e2b57f31b3de62ada4335dd4eb041bc409f5188d150192a90
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Puffy

You say yes to that trade as quickly as possible before the Broncos wise up and take it back.  Surtain and next years first rounder?  Yes please

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Puffy on April 20, 2024, 11:45:00 AMYou say yes to that trade as quickly as possible before the Broncos wise up and take it back.  Surtain and next years first rounder?  Yes please

Only way that would happen, is if there was a bidding war
1) a major QB is still on the board at 6, and
2) QB starved Denver outbids others wanting to move up for the same QB
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

londonblue

Of course you do. Address a key need, with a great chance to address another with pick 12 then get a player who can help with an extra R3 shot and also stockpile the ammunition to draft or trade for a QB in 2025. No-brainer.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

DaveBrown74

Let me guess: the person who came up with this proposal is a Giants fan?

spiderblue43

That trade assumes a lot..like a May or JJ falling to 6?. Yes ..I'd do it to bring back that draft capital and 
Surtain.

That's really a fantasy football deal.

:boldblue:  :dance: .

Ed Vette

If Maye, JJ or Daniels somehow fall to six and Schoen doesn't draft a QB, right or wrong, he's getting crucified by the fan base and most of the media.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

jimc

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 20, 2024, 12:51:39 PMIf Maye, JJ or Daniels somehow fall to six and Schoen doesn't draft a QB, right or wrong, he's getting crucified by the fan base and most of the media.

I would hope whoever the Broncos want to be there at 6 to make that deal, is. And, we are smart enough to pull the trigger.
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

spiderblue43

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 20, 2024, 12:51:39 PMIf Maye, JJ or Daniels somehow fall to six and Schoen doesn't draft a QB, right or wrong, he's getting crucified by the fan base and most of the media.

It won't happen. I'd be shocked if Daniels falls from 2. Maye or JJ will not fall to 6 in all probability. Vikes are moving up to either 3 or 4 to grab either. How desperate do the Broncos get also will be interesting.

I'm content with the Giants then taking an elite wr. 

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 20, 2024, 11:42:42 AMPretty sure I'd take this trade

• The Broncos acquire the No. 6 overall pick.
  • The Giants acquire the No. 12 pick, No. 76 overall (third round), a 2025 first-round pick and Patrick Surtain II.

https://gmenhq.com/posts/this-ny-giants-trade-patrick-surtain-ii-would-steal-show-draft-night-01hvv1x2nnkv?sc=be165671da3b347e2b57f31b3de62ada4335dd4eb041bc409f5188d150192a90

Absolutely, but can we afford Surtains contract?

The KING is in the building

Bob In PA

Jolly: I would take it and be very unhappy not to have gotten one of the top WR's or QB's.

Arguably, Giants need both. To get neither would take that type of seriously unbalanced deal for me to go for it.

From Giants perspective it's "fair" while the Bronco fans (and GM) would probably think it way off-base.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!